Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

billverstein

Post by billverstein »

the Liefmans Cuvee Brut is nice as well. It's a sour brown ale with cherries, so similar to a kriek but not actually a lambic. I love the Liefmans stuff at the price point whenever I can find it in Europe and I welcome both the Brut and Goudenband to the LCBO with open arms!

kafercrazy

Post by kafercrazy »

is there an LCBO# for Nickelbrook Kentucky Bastard? or release date?

FEUO

Post by FEUO »

Not sure on the Kentucky Bastard, but I tried to buy all of it at the brewery last week.
Kidding of course.... hoping for good things as I bought 6.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

FEUO wrote:Not sure on the Kentucky Bastard, but I tried to buy all of it at the brewery last week.
Kidding of course.... hoping for good things as I bought 6.
I recently had my bottle from last year and it was excellent. I doubt you'll be disappointed...

cheechonaleash

Post by cheechonaleash »

Does anybody know if LCBO will be getting any Péché Mortel in this winter? I want some more!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

admviolin wrote:I LOVE the St. Louis. US prices are around $3-4, Volo is about $12.

A better Gueuze than the Cuvee Rene, really sour up front but not alot of complexity like more expensive gueuzes.
Right, the Belle Vue Gueuze the LC had some 15 years ago was well worth the $36.00 for a twelve-case. These simpler Gueese have a place, sadly not the St. Louis for me (*shudder*) and the Belle Vue is made no more (got to say it really kicked some ass alongside Tex-Mex food from Coyote Willie's at Queen and Broadview...)

Anybody have experience/opinions with good "everyday" Gueuze that are solid amazing beers just not overpowering? I still haven't even tried the DreiFonteinen ones I picked up...
In Beerum Veritas

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

Belgian wrote:Anybody have experience/opinions with good "everyday" Gueuze that are solid amazing beers just not overpowering? I still haven't even tried the DreiFonteinen ones I picked up...
I wouldn't say "amazing" but I find the Girardin products solid and not particularly annoying.
Craft beer hipster before it was cool

billverstein

Post by billverstein »

Yeah the Girardin stuff is really solid and balanced at a really low price point in Europe. Would be amazing to get this into the LC

probstk

Post by probstk »

PeenSteen wrote:Also

Vulcan Ale
Would this be Cannery, Paddock Wood or Harvest Moon?

timeo

Post by timeo »

kafercrazy wrote:is there an LCBO# for Nickelbrook Kentucky Bastard? or release date?
I saw it today at the Queens Quay/Cooper St. LCBO. Forgot how much it cost...

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

probstk wrote:
PeenSteen wrote:Also

Vulcan Ale
Would this be Cannery, Paddock Wood or Harvest Moon?
Harvest Moon...sorry should have been more specific

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Oh and Aventinus Eisbock is coming back, i'm guessing in the spring

probstk

Post by probstk »

timeo wrote:
kafercrazy wrote:is there an LCBO# for Nickelbrook Kentucky Bastard? or release date?
I saw it today at the Queens Quay/Cooper St. LCBO. Forgot how much it cost...
Product #368621, $12.95 a bottle.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Still not in the system though, for whatever reason.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

PeenSteen wrote:Oh and Aventinus Eisbock is coming back, i'm guessing in the spring
OH! MY! GOD! YES!
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.