Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Founders Brewery Feature

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

I think last year they were using a 'bottled on' date

wonder if there will be a similar best before on the breakfast stout

either way, I don't really care I guess - I'm still going to cellar a bunch of backwoods/bastard

munrets

Post by munrets »

Just got back from Queens Quay and they've got all of 'em, including the Breakfast Stout. They were just in the process of putting them out.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

toronto people are going to have a great beer weekend

JProulx

Post by JProulx »

munrets wrote:Just got back from Queens Quay and they've got all of 'em, including the Breakfast Stout. They were just in the process of putting them out.

Looks like I'm making a trip to my local store sometime in the very near future!

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Got my 2x4 Breakfast Stouts. Still lots there at QQ.
lister

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

munrets wrote:Just got back from Queens Quay and they've got all of 'em, including the Breakfast Stout. They were just in the process of putting them out.
No sign of Breakfast Stout at Yonge and Summerhill... though all the rest are there down in the back in the fridge.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

for the ottawa people, some of the founders beers are around. Dirty Bastard was spotted in Orleans

BlackRedGold

Post by BlackRedGold »

spinrsx wrote:for the ottawa people, some of the founders beers are around. Dirty Bastard was spotted in Orleans
Really? I was just at Hunt Club and a guy on the floor checked the computer for me. The warehouse hadn't received any yet and the only store in the area that was listed for it was Richmond/Kirkwood.

heebes

Post by heebes »

So BB 09 09 14....does that mean 10 months from brewing ala bottled Nov 20th?

The Pale is tasting mighty fine

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

I promise, innes road lcbo has the dirty bastard on the shelves

as well as la trappe quad, nutcracker, rochefort 10, wooly buger, kentucky bastard, and renaissance barley wine
BlackRedGold wrote:
spinrsx wrote:for the ottawa people, some of the founders beers are around. Dirty Bastard was spotted in Orleans
Really? I was just at Hunt Club and a guy on the floor checked the computer for me. The warehouse hadn't received any yet and the only store in the area that was listed for it was Richmond/Kirkwood.
Last edited by spinrsx on Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlackRedGold

Post by BlackRedGold »

spinrsx wrote:I promise, innes road lcbo has the dirty bastard on the shelves

as well as la trappe quad, rochefort 10, wooly buger, kentucky bastard, and renaissance barley wine
Man, Hunt Club sucks. And isn't it supposed to be a flagship store in Ottawa?

JProulx

Post by JProulx »

No sign of anything at Manulife, yet.

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

So...

Richmond/Kirkwood, Rideau/KE, Bank/Walkley, Orleans Innes, and...

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

that's probably it. Maybe Carling/Woodroffe?
Kekumba wrote:So...

Richmond/Kirkwood, Rideau/KE, Bank/Walkley, Orleans Innes, and...

4ster

Post by 4ster »

Liberty Village also had 4 out of 5, no breakfast stout... maybe Monday if I'm lucky.... and it still isn't showing up on the website yet, so again, if you have a decently sized store, good chance they're in....