Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

How many got in on the De Ranke private order

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

KW1

How many got in on the De Ranke private order

Post by KW1 »

Just received our Kriek De Ranke order from Peter. There wasn't much talk on the PO subforum where this was offered. Just wondering who else got in on it? Or missed out and wanted it? I'd have thought many would want in, sorta like a Cantillon order....

_sloth

Post by _sloth »

I would have liked to but I only buy things that are readily available now. So many of these orders never go through. Or, they take many months and are through companies that really don't care about keeping people informed.

Have you gotten into it yet? Any opinions?

KW1

Post by KW1 »

Not out of this order, but I had it at Bar Volo a few months back. Very nice. More subtle than Cantillon St Gilloise (not so firmly sour). I remember when initially poured it had a very strong barnyard smell. Beautiful colour. Definitely worthy in its realm. A must for lambic enthusiasts imo. The PO was much cheaper than buying at the pub, which is awesome, though always the case with any beer, wine, or spirit.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

I e-mailed Peter looking to get a case and didn't get a response.

KW1

Post by KW1 »

That's very unfortunate. He can be a busy guy and doesn't give updates per se, but it wouldn't have been intentional. Could be a lot of things, even a spam filter.

We've dealt with Peter many times without an issue. Hopefully you don't give up on future opportunities.

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

The Cuvee and Kriek are both solid offerings from De Ranke. Their saisons are also pretty tasty. If you can get them for a good price I say go for it.
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

DE RANKE is now a core product for us. We will bring in the Kriek and Cuvee 3 times each year as well as any of their other beers people are interested in (right now XX BITTER is on the horizon). Visit their website and let me know if anything interests you. The current orders (sold out) are priced at $83.70 for Cuvee and $86.40 for Kriek for 6 x 750ml. If I missed any of you last time around I do apologize. Don't PM me, e-mail please.

espritagencies@sympatico.ca