Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Round House Winter Craft Beer Fest - Jan 25

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Droogy

Round House Winter Craft Beer Fest - Jan 25

Post by Droogy »

This event has sold out. I managed to get tickets but a couple friends from out of town did not.

If you have tickets and your plans change... fire me a PM.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

I too left it till the last minute. If anyone has a ticket and has already helped Droogy let me know. Pay face vaule and pick up.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Did you guys get your tickets in the 5 hour window they were selling more yesterday? If not, you can try to get them at the gate.

Steam Whistle ‏@SteamWhistle 22h
GREAT NEWS FOLKS! Due to your demand, we increased our permit. New block of tix to our winter craft beerfest will open up at 1pm. #RWCBF

Steam Whistle ‏@SteamWhistle 16h
@AlliTyldesley Ah! We sold out again. But there will be more tickets at the door... please come early. #rwcbf

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

squeaky wrote:Did you guys get your tickets in the 5 hour window they were selling more yesterday? If not, you can try to get them at the gate.

Steam Whistle ‏@SteamWhistle 22h
GREAT NEWS FOLKS! Due to your demand, we increased our permit. New block of tix to our winter craft beerfest will open up at 1pm. #RWCBF

Steam Whistle ‏@SteamWhistle 16h
@AlliTyldesley Ah! We sold out again. But there will be more tickets at the door... please come early. #rwcbf
Yes! Friend picked up some yesterday afternoon. I didn't realize how big of an event this was or how many people would be interested. First 500 people get free touques. How many people went through Session last year? vs. what's expected at this?

Droogy

Post by Droogy »

yes, managed to also get the two for friends during the open window. Thanks Beeraholic for the heads up ;)

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

TheBeeraholic wrote:Yes! Friend picked up some yesterday afternoon. I didn't realize how big of an event this was or how many people would be interested. First 500 people get free touques. How many people went through Session last year? vs. what's expected at this?
By Session do you mean Sessions Toronto? The Roundhouse Craft beer festival has always been nothing like Sessions Toronto. This is the third Roundhouse craft beer festival, they've had one each summer since 2012 and I've been to both of those. It's always well run, lots of bathrooms (port-a-potties), chill atmosphere, and - the best part - a water tent for rinsing and hydrating. It's more of a trade show vibe for the beer too (vs faceless casks at caskdays), so you can talk to reps about their beer. I don't know how it will hold up in the cold, but it's pretty much the only beer event in Ontario that has always gone pretty smoothly in my experience. Usually it's two afternoons (one ticket gets you in for both), so I don't know about lines on Saturday, but usually there are few to no lines until much later into the day (usually a baseball game lets out or something).