Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Boxer Watermelon

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

lister
Beer Superstar

Boxer Watermelon

Post by lister »

Don't.

lister

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Wasn't going to.

:)

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Thought I'd take one for the team in return for those brave souls still trying Trafalgar.

If you were to put a watermelon alco-pop next to it and do a blind taste test you'd be hard pressed to figure out which one is the supposed beer. There was nothing beery about that at all. Not in smell, taste or mouth feel. My watermelon homebrew from last summer, which only used watermelon flavouring (no real watermelon, unlike what I'll be doing for this summer), was way better and that was just my second non-Brooklyn Brewshop mix beer.
lister

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

There is a time and place for everything (even Boxer Watermelon)

I enjoyed one of these on the beach last summer (and don't remember much of the rest of the day)

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

I bought one as a joke a couple weeks back. Took one big swig....... 5 minutes later.........unbelievable headache. Drain pour all the way.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

admviolin wrote:There is a time and place for everything (even Boxer Watermelon)

I enjoyed one of these on the beach last summer (and don't remember much of the rest of the day)
I thought I was going to pass out too after drinking about half of it. :lol:

I'm likely one of the biggest gimmick beer drinking posters here and if you're going to do a gimmick beer then I advocate going for it with the gimmick. However Boxer Watermelon took the gimmick and ran...unfortunately into a tree.

Glad you enjoyed it.
lister

darmokandjalad

Post by darmokandjalad »

I bought one a few days ago out of morbid curiosity and was able to finish maybe half of the can before I dumped it into the toilet. For the record, I am pretty cheap and have relatively low standards so a beer needs to be abjectly awful for me to drainpour it.

I'd say it met my expectations for a watermelon-flavoured Minhas product.

It's barely even beer and tastes worse than malt liquor - not to mention the handful of coolers I've tried in the past were all considerably more palatable (including the real cheap shit like Boone's Farm).