Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Montreal

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world, and other chat that is not specific to Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Montreal

Post by JeffPorter »

Has anyone seen any La Trou du Diable bottles anywhere in any Montreal stores?

We're heading down on Monday/Tuesday and I'd love to find some...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

JeffPorter wrote:Has anyone seen any La Trou du Diable bottles anywhere in any Montreal stores?

Not much help, but a month or so ago I picked up an Imperatrice at Peluso. It was the only type of TdD they had at that time, I think.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

rejtable wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:Has anyone seen any La Trou du Diable bottles anywhere in any Montreal stores?

Not much help, but a month or so ago I picked up an Imperatrice at Peluso. It was the only type of TdD they had at that time, I think.
Doh! I'll be pretty far south and west this time (and only for a day) - so I was kind of hoping to avoid going up to Peluso...

Well, maybe I'll just do a usual haul from Atwater...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

don't bother.
its Peluso or bust, apparently. and that's so infrequent.

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

Jeff, was your trip yesterday/today? If so, please update, as I'll be in Montréal this weekend. I am pretty stocked for beer right now, so unless Peluso has something special, I don't know if I'll bother.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

rejtable wrote:Jeff, was your trip yesterday/today? If so, please update, as I'll be in Montréal this weekend. I am pretty stocked for beer right now, so unless Peluso has something special, I don't know if I'll bother.
Hey - just out of convenience, I went to Atwater and simply stocked up on LTM, DDC, and the like - I was pleasantly surprised to see some Dunham seasonals there (Rye ESB, Imperial Stout) as well as some bottles of LTM's signature Hopfen Weisse which sounds pretty good. Also - lots of bottles of last year's LTM Weizenbock...

tyler90

Post by tyler90 »

rejtable wrote:Jeff, was your trip yesterday/today? If so, please update, as I'll be in Montréal this weekend. I am pretty stocked for beer right now, so unless Peluso has something special, I don't know if I'll bother.
May be sold out by the weekend but this will be there:
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/les-trois- ... 10/180155/

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

tyler90 wrote:
Yikes!
Hopefully BrouHaha gets some here. His weekly spam should be hitting my inbox any minute...

Thanks for the update, Jeff. I'll see how timing goes and may swing by Peluso on Sunday.

tyler90

Post by tyler90 »

rejtable wrote:
tyler90 wrote:
Yikes!
Hopefully BrouHaha gets some here. His weekly spam should be hitting my inbox any minute...

Thanks for the update, Jeff. I'll see how timing goes and may swing by Peluso on Sunday.
Unfortunately this probably won't make it to Gatineau. LTM had a post on Facebook and it sounded like only Montreal, Quebec city and surrounding areas were getting it.

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

Did see any Porter Baltique at Peluso or the place in the Atwater market. Didn't see much at Atwater, picked up some Hopfenstark and that Co-Hop V from A la fut. No Trou du diable at either place.

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

Just arrived in Montreal..here all week. Anyone know of any events, new places or special releases I should be seeking out?
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

Bull_Schott

Post by Bull_Schott »

I see lots of good info for Montreal on the forum:

http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=3453

http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

Just wondering if anything has changed since May that it notable, or if there are any new suggestions about where to hit up? I'm heading down next weekend, and although I'll be with friends who aren't nearly as beer-centric as I, should be able to get in a bottle shop and brewery pretty easily. Should a bar we go to "happen" to have good beer, well that's just a coincidence too isn't it?

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

I don't think you need to be a beer fan to have a good night at any of the usual beer haunts there... DDC, Benelux, Vices Versa, etc.

blakee

Post by blakee »

heading to montreal this weekend, any updated quality stops? gonna hit DDC and vices versa as well as depanneur peluso for bottles...

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I very much enjoyed Station Ho.st. I mentioned my experience there around here somewhere, maybe in the pub reviews section?