Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Left Field Brewery Open House - February 22nd

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

LeftFieldMandie

Left Field Brewery Open House - February 22nd

Post by LeftFieldMandie »

Hello Bar Towel Folks,

Mark and I announced today that Left Field will be setting-up shop in Leslieville.
http://www.leftfieldbrewery.ca/news/wer ... -a-brewery

We would like to invite you to our Open House in the pre-construction space at 36 Wagstaff Drive on Saturday February 22nd from 2:00 - 8:00 p.m.
where we'll be pouring three brews;
- Eephus Oatmeal Brown Ale
- Maris* Pale Ale
- Resin Bag IPA
https://www.facebook.com/events/1453419941543683/

Looking forward to seeing everyone there. Let us know if you have any questions.

Cheers!
Mark & Mandie

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

Congrats! Glad to see another brewery opening up in east Toronto area! We're starting to have a pretty good craft beer scene on this side the Don Valley! :)

Rob Creighton
Bar Fly

Post by Rob Creighton »

Congrats kids. One of my old stomping grounds

LeftFieldMandie

Post by LeftFieldMandie »

Hey BT'ers,

If you're thinking of including our Open House in your plans for this weekend, here are a few important details that you should know…

http://www.leftfieldbrewery.ca/events/4 ... open-house

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Cheers,
Mandie

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

This looks like my type of event. Great beers and tasty, unpretentious food at affordable prices. Can't wait to attend.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Had an awesome time here. All of the beers were bright and fresh-tasting with the Maris* drinking hoppier and drier than previous pints I've had and the Resin Bag exhibiting a light tropical fruit note that I hadn't picked up before. Lots of attractive schwag on offer and the baseball card cut-out was a nice touch. Bathrooms were more plentiful than some beer fests that I've been to. Also, the Big House pizza was absolutely delicious. I tried the John A. MacDonald "Big Mac" slice and it brought back fond memories of high school lunches. :lol: Looking forward to seeing what these guys do with the new space.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Photo of the attendance clicker posted to Twitter by Left Field...

:o

Congrats to Mark & Mandie - I expect they'll have a very successful run there once they're open...

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Great space and awesome to see so many people out yesterday for this. Looking forward to more from M&M and the new brewery!