Hart and Thistle closes

This is to discuss the beer scene in Canada outside of the province of Ontario.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

Cagiva650

Hart and Thistle closes

Postby Cagiva650 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:59 pm

The brewpub with the best beer in Halifax has closed. :cry:

http://thechronicleherald.ca/business/1188190-halifax-gastropub-hart-thistle-closes

Nash is still brewing at the Rockbottom but the Hart and Thistle was the original for me. Some of the best beer I have ever had. A walk along the Halifax waterfront just will not be the same.
distr0

Postby distr0 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:52 pm

I was VERY impressed with the beers at Rockbottom. This was the same guy?
rejtable
Bar Fly

Postby rejtable » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:23 pm

Yes, Greg Nash. Formerly of Garrison and half the breweries in Atlantic Canada.

H&T typically only had a few of their own beer (made by Nash) on tap, the rest of the list was mediocre every time I was ever in there. Haven't been in a year or so though.

I really disliked in decor, but it was nice to have some good beer options down on the waterfront.
boney
Seasoned Drinker

Postby boney » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:41 pm

rejtable wrote:Yes, Greg Nash. Formerly of Garrison and half the breweries in Atlantic Canada.

H&T typically only had a few of their own beer (made by Nash) on tap, the rest of the list was mediocre every time I was ever in there. Haven't been in a year or so though.

I really disliked in decor, but it was nice to have some good beer options down on the waterfront.

Why would you drink anything but Nash brews whilst there?

Sad to hear it's done. Yeah....good (expensive) location that was a little odd on the inside but I'd always stop through when I was in Halifax. Nash can pretty much write his own ticket to do whatever he likes.
rejtable
Bar Fly

Postby rejtable » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:25 am

boney wrote:Why would you drink anything but Nash brews whilst there?
Ignoring the fact that I've had a number of beers that didn't do it for me made by him, I was more addressing the comment that the "brewpub with the best beer in Halifax...". The few taps he had were typically fine, but when 90% of your taps aren't your own, are you still a "brewpub"?

Return to “Canadian Beer Talk”