Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

TCB

Post by TCB »

PeenSteen wrote:
spinrsx wrote:Brooklyn Sorachi Ace - YES! going to be drinking this stuff all summer long
Providing it actually gets here this time :)
It will arrive. The issue last time was that the Brooklyn 750ml bottles are heavy and the 12 pack was over the LCBO weight limit for cases by a few ounces. They are being repacked into 8 's in order to be compliant this time.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

TCB wrote:
PeenSteen wrote:
spinrsx wrote:Brooklyn Sorachi Ace - YES! going to be drinking this stuff all summer long
Providing it actually gets here this time :)
It will arrive. The issue last time was that the Brooklyn 750ml bottles are heavy and the 12 pack was over the LCBO weight limit for cases by a few ounces. They are being repacked into 8 's in order to be compliant this time.
Reading this makes me so freaking mad..... Stupid rules for a stupid system.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

guy at the lcbo today was telling me that Nicklebrook Naughty Neighbour was going to be available in 6 pack 355ml cans soon. Not sure if there's any truth to this though..

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

spinrsx wrote:guy at the lcbo today was telling me that Nicklebrook Naughty Neighbour was going to be available in 6 pack 355ml cans soon. Not sure if there's any truth to this though..
That would be very odd considering that all of the other NB canned beers are in 473 ml singles.

Which is a format I'd LOVE to see NN available in, so fingers crossed that LCBO guy got his info mixed up...

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

GregClow wrote:
spinrsx wrote:guy at the lcbo today was telling me that Nicklebrook Naughty Neighbour was going to be available in 6 pack 355ml cans soon. Not sure if there's any truth to this though..
That would be very odd considering that all of the other NB canned beers are in 473 ml singles.

Which is a format I'd LOVE to see NN available in, so fingers crossed that LCBO guy got his info mixed up...
Man, I soooo hope this is true. Either can size. And they could use this prime opportunity to shift this brand over to their new graphics and a markedly less tacky logo. Please.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

same lcbo guy said great lakes lake effect (or was it 'bitter wife'.. cant remember) IPA was going to be a regular listing in the spring.. so who knows

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

from cdn beer news:

Collective Arts - Saint of Circumstance Blonde Ale (4.7% abv, 19 IBUs) will be at the LCBO in May.

heebes

Post by heebes »

spinrsx wrote: Blonde Ale (19 IBUs)
awww, without having tasted yet...damn. R&R was great but, aw what the heck, i'll give em the benefit of doubt. hope this is a great summer beer

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Another batch of R&R is also on the way according to that update, I believe the Saint of Circumstance is a Belgian Blonde
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

jrenihan

Post by jrenihan »

icemachine wrote:Another batch of R&R is also on the way according to that update, I believe the Saint of Circumstance is a Belgian Blonde
I had it on tap at Bar Hop awhile ago. I don't remember it having any Belgian qualities. It was a light blonde ale, with citrus fruit additions (don't recall the particular fruits, if I could even tell at the time). I found it to be very refreshing and fairly tasty, but certainly not as good as R&R. You could easily down a few on a summer day, however.
Ren

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

heebes wrote:
spinrsx wrote: Blonde Ale (19 IBUs)
awww, without having tasted yet...damn. R&R was great but, aw what the heck, i'll give em the benefit of doubt. hope this is a great summer beer
It was on tap at The Only beerfest over the weekend. I liked it, but it's nothing like R&R. Very citrusy, due to the citrus zest in it. Think hot weather patio session ale.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

jrenihan wrote:
icemachine wrote:Another batch of R&R is also on the way according to that update, I believe the Saint of Circumstance is a Belgian Blonde
I had it on tap at Bar Hop awhile ago. I don't remember it having any Belgian qualities. It was a light blonde ale, with citrus fruit additions (don't recall the particular fruits, if I could even tell at the time). I found it to be very refreshing and fairly tasty, but certainly not as good as R&R. You could easily down a few on a summer day, however.
Ren
Good point, nothing about it tasted particularly Belgian to me. I think the fruits were oranges and lemons (maybe limes), but my palate was pretty wrecked by then so I can't be sure.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Looks like my beliefs were incorrect, apologies all

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/collective ... ce/228802/
Blonde ale Infused with the zest of oranges and lemon citrus fruits,complemented with Citra, Amarillo and Sorachi Ace hops, which have citrus profiles of zing. 4.7 ABV 19 IBUs (Draft)
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

I bought some R&R bottled on feb 6th at the lcbo the other day. And the bottle dates were actually legible for a change

Alpha10

Post by Alpha10 »

Anyone hear of any updates on the Achel Bruin release?