Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New non-LCBO/TBS beer releases

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

velovampire wrote:In NB's retail store now. Now only if they could revamp Headstock and NN graphics to bring them in line with this...
https://www.facebook.com/NickelBrookBre ... =1&theater
It's in the works. I expect that they've got a lot of the old cans and labels to go through first, but the whole NB line-up will be sporting the new style soon enough.

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

GregClow wrote:
velovampire wrote:In NB's retail store now. Now only if they could revamp Headstock and NN graphics to bring them in line with this...
It's in the works. I expect that they've got a lot of the old cans and labels to go through first, but the whole NB line-up will be sporting the new style soon enough.
Excellent! Glad to hear it. Any more concrete info on the NN in cans, Greg?

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

velovampire wrote:In NB's retail store now. Now only if they could revamp Headstock and NN graphics to bring them in line with this... No word on price.
I'm with youn in that I don't like the cirrent graphics for HEadstock and NN, but I have to say that the graphics on the beer that you linked are a step back IMO. Sad to see...

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

ercousin wrote:Didn't see the responses until now. Would have been nice to meet some BTers, ohh well.

I was in line for 11:30ish and there were 30 people ahead of me.
I was behind somewhere. What a great line! Lot of folks talking about Ontario beer and barrels and brett and other beer-y things. Lines are a cool thing.

Amazing day at Bellwoods. We had a nice table on the patio and I could monitor the line as it wrapped around. Would have been nice to spot Bar Towel folks with some kinda badge or something :lol: Anyway, some great beers pouring today for sure!

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I was there too. Nice to get in to try a pint of it too, especially since it's such a unique style. I got a BOYD on tap as well, which was terrific.

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

squeaky wrote:I was there too. Nice to get in to try a pint of it too, especially since it's such a unique style. I got a BOYD on tap as well, which was terrific.
I got some more olive (ish) character on it than I remember from my last few times. Almost like a molasses dirty Martini for the first few sips. Not bad, just different than last year. (Tough mercifully warmer than last year on the patio!)

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

squeaky wrote:I was there too. Nice to get in to try a pint of it too, especially since it's such a unique style. I got a BOYD on tap as well, which was terrific.
Bring Out Your Dead! *clang* Bring Out Your Dead! "I feel happy!" *whack*

Nice beer! It was my first time having it.

That is a beer that you need to be in a smoking jacket, sitting in a luscious leather chair in front of a fire surrounded by dark woods and mounted animal heads. In addition there needs to be someone in the room named Reginald.
lister

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

^
Graham: Ehm...would you like a twist of lemming, sir?
Terry J: Uh, yes please, Harry.
(squeak, squeak, squeak)
Graham: Bit more, sir?
Terry J: Oh, just a squeeze.
(SQUEAK, SQUEAK, SQUEAK)
Graham: There you are, sir
Terry J: Thank you.
John: Alex, what'll you have?
Michael: Oh, aaaaaah, Mallard Fizz for me, please, Maurice.
Graham: Ok, sir, one Mallard Fizz coming up.
Michael: Jolly good.
Terry J: How about old Cohen Barkley?
John: Eh?
Terry J: [???? ???? ????. ??? ??? ?????? switched the wood preservatives into vinegar. Sold the bottles right next to [???].
(QUAAACK, QUAAACK, QUAAACK)
In Beerum Veritas

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Great Lakes Brewery ‏@GreatLakesBeer 11m
We're canning a limited amount of a fan favourite today!!! #Robohop will be back in #GLBretail later this week! pic.twitter.com/KTAN2040CG

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

velovampire wrote:Any more concrete info on the NN in cans, Greg?
I haven't heard anything definite. Hopefully soon, though - it's a perfect beer for the format.

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

GregClow wrote:
I haven't heard anything definite. Hopefully soon, though - it's a perfect beer for the format.
According to a store front employee there, the ESB is getting canned next followed by NN.

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

ckoop wrote:
GregClow wrote:
According to a store front employee there, the ESB is getting canned next followed by NN.
Awesome, thanks! Yeah, they posted pics of the canned ESB on their FB feed a day or two ago. Hope that one makes it the 'BO at some point as well...

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

velovampire wrote:
ckoop wrote:
GregClow wrote: I haven't heard anything definite. Hopefully soon, though - it's a perfect beer for the format.
Awesome, thanks! Yeah, they posted pics of the canned ESB on their FB feed a day or two ago. Hope that one makes it the 'BO at some point as well...
I stopped in yesterday to get some Immodest, and they had ESB available in cans.

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

http://bellwoodsbrewery.com/the-perfect-marriage/

had a sampler of this at the motley cru release. I remember liking it and will indulge again.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Karma Citra is coming back, in cans.

It will be interesting to get this fresh again, see how it stacks up to all the other IPAs they've done recently.