Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Mikkeller Brewery Feature

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

hammy78

Mikkeller Brewery Feature

Post by hammy78 »

Very excited about this feature, however I was wondering why these brews were specifically picked? These all have been out for some time, so why can't we get something newer or barrel aged or better yet brewed exclusively for Canada. Not just re-labeled for our market, and blacked out with a sharpie like last years Canadian Dream. These beers

Mikkeller Black
Mikkeller Monks Brew
Mikkeller Green Gold
Mikkeller Cream Ale
Mikkeller Texas Ranger
Mikkeller Kriek

Are all great, but I think we could've done better than this. What about "X Imperial Stout"? That would've been awesome.

mahcinesquad

Post by mahcinesquad »

I would have liked to have seen Draft Bear.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

do we have to wait for all of the beau's junk to sell before this feature happens? my local store has hundreds of bottles left.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

spinrsx wrote: do we have to wait for all of the beau's junk to sell before this feature happens? my local store has hundreds of bottles left.
LOL, I was wondering the same thing...
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

hammy78 wrote:Very excited about this feature, however I was wondering why these brews were specifically picked? These all have been out for some time, so why can't we get something newer or barrel aged or better yet brewed exclusively for Canada. Not just re-labeled for our market, and blacked out with a sharpie like last years Canadian Dream. These beers

Mikkeller Black
Mikkeller Monks Brew
Mikkeller Green Gold
Mikkeller Cream Ale
Mikkeller Texas Ranger
Mikkeller Kriek

Are all great, but I think we could've done better than this. What about "X Imperial Stout"? That would've been awesome.
Maybe these beers are what was allocated for the agency, or just the few picked from the entire offer to the LCBO? Or they are old stock from other Provinces that didn't sell :wink:

hammy78

Post by hammy78 »

Hahaha. I'm guessing left-overs. I visit Alberta often, and man do they have some Mikkeller selection.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

We do have a large selection of Mikkeller, but it's a crap shoot regards the age of the bottles!

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

age shouldn't matter for at least 3 of these beers.. so it's not all bad

hammy78

Post by hammy78 »

I just pulled out a Mikkeller Hoppy Easter a week or so ago that was about 2 years old, and it was great. Hops had faded completely, but the maltiness and sweetness were still on point. I never age any IPA's as a rule, but I must've forgot about it.

wkbdyb

Post by wkbdyb »

I don't think there's anything wrong with stocking core beers from a strong brewer to grow their profile in the province among the 99% who might not be intimately familiar. If only they were actually being listed and not part of a brewery feature.

pinot_casey

Post by pinot_casey »

I've enjoyed most of their beers in the past.
Most of these I have not tried. Look forward to it.

Any idea when the release is set for this?
Same time frame as the summer release?

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Lots of Mikeller beers in Taiwan. Too numerous to write down. There even was an Evil Twin tap takeover here too. The mind boggles! Full report when I'm back.
lister

MaltyTasker

Post by MaltyTasker »

Is this supposed to be Summer, does anybody know?

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

MaltyTasker wrote:Is this supposed to be Summer, does anybody know?
I think it's Fall, since these feature releases seem to come out at the same time as the seasonal mixed releases, and the Summer feature release is BC beers.

Roland + Russell

Post by Roland + Russell »

Indeed, this is slated for this Fall's release. We are also working on an event, featuring Mikkel Borg Bjergsø in person and some special beers that will not be taking part in the Brewery Feature.

The beers are also all fresh brews.

Stay tuned for more news...
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com
twitter.com/RolandRussell