Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Ordering Cantillon through SAQ?

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

cveerman

Post by cveerman »

Just put an order in for 5 cases through http://www.quebecbiere.info. I'll let you know how it plays out.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

looks like it will be playing out for a while.. if my french is correct the orders wont be in until xmas??

"Avis important!
La commande en cours sera livrée vers le 14 décembre 2014"

Soods

Post by Soods »

Wow, the prices jumped up overnight on all the Cantillon products.

Yesterday FouFoune $110.40 a case Today $138.00

Yesterday Gueuze $108.60 a case Today $115.80

Guess there's too much interest :-?

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

Soods wrote:Wow, the prices jumped up overnight on all the Cantillon products.

I can't say for sure but it's possible those were older estimates. The price of the Euro has gone way up while the Canadian dollar down. Even minor changes can make huge differences when you talk about shipping whole palates of beer or wine.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

That's still a great price for a 6 pack. Due to the high Euro, bottles of Cantillon have gone from a very reasonable $22 to $24 in Alberta earlier this year, to a less affordable $35 to $38 with the new arrivals. Fou'foune was $40+ a bottle here, so if I was you, I'd jump at that price!

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Torontoblue wrote:

That's still a great price for a 6 pack. Due to the high Euro, bottles of Cantillon have gone from a very reasonable $22 to $24 in Alberta earlier this year, to a less affordable $35 to $38 with the new arrivals. Fou'foune was $40+ a bottle here, so if I was you, I'd jump at that price!
Those case prices are still pretty reasonable. But $35-40 per bottle in Alberta? Ouch! Headed to Calgary in a week. I was going to stock up, but second thoughts now. Also saw a bottle of Bois on Kensington Wine Markets website for $50+. Jesus.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Yeah, Bois has been here a while now, and the price is really slowing distribution. A bunch of Oud Beersel has arrived and is just as costly as the Loons. Alberta is no longer the home of vast amounts of low priced Cantillon.

Sorry for the off topic.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

spinrsx wrote:are the fees listed on their site accurate? I see $14 for Cantillon. Can anyone order? Or do I need to be some sort of member?

Does the money due at delivery go to the SAQ? I have a SAQ giftcard, wondering if I can use it towards an order.
anyone know?

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

noticed that Offices des Grand Crus has a 'in stock' section. Does this mean the beers are already located in Quebec and therefor should be available to me very quickly?

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

spinrsx wrote:noticed that Offices des Grand Crus has a 'in stock' section. Does this mean the beers are already located in Quebec and therefor should be available to me very quickly?
I was told 3-6 months with the order I placed.

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

If it's in stock then yes, it'll get to Gatineau in like a week or less.

I've ordered Fou and some LP stuff a few times that's "coming soon" and never heard back from them.

And yes, what you see on the site is what you pay. They'll give you an order confirmation and you pay shipping through PayPal, then pay whatever the case price is at the SAQ.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Kekumba wrote:If it's in stock then yes, it'll get to Gatineau in like a week or less.

I've ordered Fou and some LP stuff a few times that's "coming soon" and never heard back from them.

And yes, what you see on the site is what you pay. They'll give you an order confirmation and you pay shipping through PayPal, then pay whatever the case price is at the SAQ.
Case price plus a fee of $6 a case on the 750's plus the applicable taxes.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

so..

Cantillon Kriek Bio plus the $20.00 fee from OfficeDesCru, $102.90 for the beer itself, plus taxes (13%??) plus another $6.00 fee, and then plus deposit?

like $145 all said and done?

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

And for the Ottawa folks, I'm always happy to put some skin in for just about any order.

mtomlins

Post by mtomlins »

Kekumba wrote:I've ordered Fou and some LP stuff a few times that's "coming soon" and never heard back from them.
Geueze Bio, Kriek Bio, Iris, St Gilloise and other 'normal' Cantillon came in through Grands Crus and were available to almost everyone who ordered them. The more desirable bottles like Fou and LP are in very short supply and held asside specifically for people who regularly order from Grands Crus. The only way to get one of those bottles is to be a member in good standing (i.e., someone who orders more than JUST Cantillon when it comes in).
spinrsx wrote:so..

Cantillon Kriek Bio plus the $20.00 fee from OfficeDesCru, $102.90 for the beer itself, plus taxes (13%??) plus another $6.00 fee, and then plus deposit?

like $145 all said and done?
I don't have my invoice in front of me, but on my Cantillon cases this is how it worked. The price on the Grands Crus website is the beer cost with tax included (can't remember about bottle deposit), and you pay that at the SAQ when you pick up your beers. The only other fee is the case fee which is variable but also listed on the website and that you pay before the bottles are shipped to your local SAQ. So all in, you have the case fee (~$10-$20/case) + the actual case cost. Done.