Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Summer 2014 Craft Beer Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

GregClow wrote:371880 / St Louis Gueuze Fond Tradition / 375 / $4.50.
Where are you Gueuze? Where!?

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

saints_gambit wrote:Couldn't quite justify the Jolly Pumpkin while shopping for beer earlier. Great beer. Decent price. Don't have the mental space for it at the moment, you know? Sometimes you want brass tacks and cold hard math.
I know. That was me a week ago with the Schneider Barrique Aged, again, probably worth the 20 USD ++.
However the Jolly Pumpkin is the first beer that smelled so great after it blew up that I want more of it. It was like wearing tasty beer cologne for a couple hours.
In Beerum Veritas

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

My Jolly Pumpkin was a huge gusher even after 2 days in the fridge. It IS a nice beer. The barrel aging and the tartness almost make it seem like lambic light, which is nice if you're the kind of person who can't drink that much lambic in one sitting.

Nothing I'm going to stock up on, but great to have here. Jolly Pumpkin feature soon, maybe? :D
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

The Mick

Post by The Mick »

Was just at the Richmond Rd LC and they had the Omnipollo on the shelves. Scooped up 5 bottles for myself as it looked like they were going fast. Looking forward to trying this little ditty tonight. A little concerned about freshness as it's probably been in the warehouse for a while, but the best before on the cap is 2016, so that's promising I suppose.
I don't always drink beer ... because sometimes my friends win and we have to go to macro-only establishments.

kevinlater

Post by kevinlater »

jolly pumpkin, nebuchadnezzar and chiron on the shelves at clarkson as of this afternoon. chiron rang up as a $60 case for me, so just watch out for that

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

groulxsome wrote:
Apparently, it arrived in May. It has received a 'conditional pass' from lab testing (likely means there is an issue with the label). Once that get's resolved it will be released.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Any date on the Jolly Pumpkin?

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Ukie wrote:Any date on the Jolly Pumpkin?
Bottled in January.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

BakaGaijin wrote:
groulxsome wrote:
Apparently, it arrived in May. It has received a 'conditional pass' from lab testing (likely means there is an issue with the label). Once that get's resolved it will be released.
Apparently the LCBO twitter can't confirm a release date yet...

I heard a rumour that they tested the beer and it had all gone sour! Can sell beer that's gone sour! :lol:

Muskokan

Post by Muskokan »

We're pretty pumped for Omnipollo Nebuchadnezzar to have finally hit the LCBO. This was the first beer our newly formed agency submitted to the LCBO (last May), so needless to say, the first one bought and drank this week was quite good.

Nebuchadnezzar is a bottle conditioned Imperial IPA, so it is quite stable and has held up nicely. The brewery produces beers for the most part that will hold up as export is their primary focus. It's a 99 on ratebeer, has been named the best beer ever brewed in Sweden and listed as one of the Top 30 IPA's to Try Before You Die.

We currently have a private order from Omnipollo on the water. It is Omnipollo Hypnopompa - a bourbon barrel aged Imperial stout made with real marshmallows and Tahitian vanilla beans. Should be very interesting. It'll be at select bars across Ontario.

Omnipollo Leon (Belgian IPA) has been picked up for next spring and we are bringing in some of their Brazilian brewed sour wit. Details to follow.

Really cool brewery doing making some pretty killer beers.

Looking forward to hearing what you folks think of Nebuchadnezzar. Some awesome brews in this summer release.

Cheers,

Mike
Co-Founder | The Craft Brand Company
https://craftbrandco.com/
IG: @CraftBrandCo

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

stupid lcbo still doesn't even have the Jolly Pumpkin on their website.. it's been for sale for over a week

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

spinrsx wrote:stupid lcbo still doesn't even have the Jolly Pumpkin on their website.. it's been for sale for over a week

Its on the secondary one:

http://foodanddrink.ca/lcbo-ear/lcbo/pr ... ber=365734

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

any way to make this show up on drinkvine? shows a different inventory

is drinkvine broken again? noticed that the Omnipollo Nebuchadnezzar inventory doesn't match the lcbo site as well. (as well as the Thornbridge)
Ukie wrote:
spinrsx wrote:stupid lcbo still doesn't even have the Jolly Pumpkin on their website.. it's been for sale for over a week

Its on the secondary one:

http://foodanddrink.ca/lcbo-ear/lcbo/pr ... ber=365734

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Jolly Pumpkin actually came in at $9.00 + 20 cent deposit, $9.20.

If you are in Hamilton the Dundas store has it.

Omnipollo as well as the Chiron as well
Last edited by Ukie on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

kevinlater wrote:jolly pumpkin, nebuchadnezzar and chiron on the shelves at clarkson as of this afternoon. chiron rang up as a $60 case for me, so just watch out for that
Hey, that happened to me this evening as well. Buyer beware!