Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Mikkeller Brewery Feature

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GregClow
Beer Superstar

LCBO Mikkeller Brewery Feature

Post by GregClow »

The following beers have been confirmed to be part of the LCBO Mikkeller Brewery Feature.

LCBO# / Product name / Size ml / Retail
371906 / Mikkeller Black / 375 / 9.65
371914 / Mikkeller Cream Ale / 330 / 4.40
371922 / Mikkeller Green Gold / 330 / 4.60
371930 / Mikkeller K:rlek / 330 / 4.60
371955 / Mikkeller Texas Ranger / 330 / 4.65
371948 / Mikkeller Monk's Brew / 330 / 4.65

Planned release date for the beers is week of September 14th, although as always, some beers may arrive earlier or later - or not at all. :wink:
Last edited by GregClow on Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

see, I knew these wouldn't be -crazy- expensive

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

which kriek is this?

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

northyorksammy wrote:which kriek is this?
I googled it! According to google the top hit for a Mikkeller Kriek that comes in the 330 ml format is this page... so the kriek they are selling to the LCBO!

Seriously, surely it must be some form of Spontankriek. And by typing that now the number one hit for "Mikkeller Kriek 330" now cites a post saying it's Spontankriek...

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

So is this the same thing as the founders one where these beers are only at like 20 stores mostly in gta? Although that was the case with he beaus BA release but since those sold so poorly I've been seeing them down in Niagara now.

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

So is this the same thing as the founders one where these beers are only at like 20 stores mostly in gta? Although that was the case with he beaus BA release but since those sold so poorly I've been seeing them down in Niagara now.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

I'm pretty sure the "kriek" is actually "k:rlek"

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

PeenSteen wrote:I'm pretty sure the "kriek" is actually "k:rlek"
I was going to ask. The k:rlek is an APA, much less exciting to me.

From what I have heard, the Beaus feature actually sold pretty well. They just made a lot of the stuff.

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

spinrsx wrote:see, I knew these wouldn't be -crazy- expensive
If $26 for a 6-pack of cream ale isn't crazy expensive, I don't want to know what is.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

at least it had to get here from a different country..

LCBO Product Number 369348 - Lake of Bays China Wall Vienna Lager $11.95 per 750ml bottle

liamt07 wrote:
If $26 for a 6-pack of cream ale isn't crazy expensive, I don't want to know what is.

nickw

Post by nickw »

I'd rather overpay a bit for a smaller bottle of something I've never had before and am unsure if I'll want again. I'll pay $4.40 for a bottle of the Cream Ale and make a decision after the fact.

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

liamt07 wrote:
I suspect few people will buy too many of any of them before trying each... if they haven't before.

I expect for most this feature will start with a $32.15 6-pack.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

liamt07 wrote:
Did a quick comparison for the Mikkeller Black.

It retails in Germany for 7.69 Euro's (C$11.23)

http://www.bierkompass.de/product_info. ... 375l-.html

It retails in Japan for 1500 Yen (C$16.03).

http://www.liquors-hasegawa.com/SHOP/2822.html

Here's a spot in the States that sells it for $16.99 USD

http://craftshack.com/collections/mikke ... rial-stout

I don't think the LCBO pricing is unreasonable for these products compared to what you would pay for them elsewhere. I just think that people don't know what these products retail for elsewhere.

I don't blame anyone for not wanting to pay these prices for these beers. But it is what it is......and it is reasonable relative to pricing elsewhere.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

liamt07 wrote:
Private Ordering is usually a whack more expensive, spreading the costs over fewer items, plus having to order such large minimums and work out complicated sharings. I love these brewery features*, people have no idea how economical they are.

(*except that for whatever mysterious purposes most products never reappear, so it's usually more of 'brewery interlude' than a 'feature.')
In Beerum Veritas

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

PeenSteen wrote:I'm pretty sure the "kriek" is actually "k:rlek"
You're right - the original list from the LCBO had "Krlek" which I thought was a typo so I "fixed" it. :oops: