Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Cheetah International Brewers

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Swordsman

Cheetah International Brewers

Post by Swordsman »

My wife bought me a years subscription to a Beer of the Month club back in the spring. In this shipment were two beers from Cheetah International Brewers. One is a Classic Dark Lager and the other is a Premium Mango Lager which I tried yesterday. It was weird and I felt there was a much too pronounced taste of mango in it.

Their website says that they are a Toronto brewery up in the north east end of the city that has been around since 2004 but I have never heard of them. Has anybody else?
A walk of a thousand miles begins with a single step

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Has Frank D'Angelo expanded from energy drinks to get back into beer?

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

Isn't this the brand that's around all the Indian Restaurants in Toronto? Pretty sure they are a ultra discount brand that sells beer at rock bottom prices. What's that other company that does that? Like, so bars in Chinatown can sell $5 pictures of beer?

Got it! It's Amber Brewery (http://amberbrewery.com/) who make "Sun Draught" for Ten Mile Aroma for a $1.75 a bottle. Always surprised these places fall so far under the radar! This is their cost breakdown, though I've never seen 'em anywhere: http://amberbrewery.com/?page_id=121

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

They were contracting brewing as of a couple of years ago. GLB or Cool? I can't remember where.