Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Muskoka Harvest Ale

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

I wish Muskoka all the success in the world but that's very likely yet another bottle release I won't be spending money on.
lister

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

matt7215 wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:
Streets wrote:seems like an odd choice for a beer that I assume still has a mid range abv and is meant to be enjoyed fresh...
My thoughts exactly.
corked and caged makes it taste more .rar

is it going to be up to $9.95 this year?????
I've heard it adds to the drinkability :roll:
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

This would be great to have in 6pks. I'll still buy a bottle more than likely, but yeah, agreed with everyone elses thoughts.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

icemachine wrote:
matt7215 wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:My thoughts exactly.
corked and caged makes it taste more .rar

is it going to be up to $9.95 this year?????
I've heard it adds to the drinkability :roll:
Harvest Ale now has added Table Presence. This has been proven in LC lab tests to enhance flavor more than Table Absence.
In Beerum Veritas

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

Enjoying this with squash soup...still a fan!
This is good beer.
Thanks Muskoka.

Mike-KBCo

Post by Mike-KBCo »

Had this on tap last week and it's an excellent beer.

darmokandjalad

Post by darmokandjalad »

Already gone through two bottles of this year's release. While I'm not sure if it's as good as last year's, it's still tasty as hell and it remains one of my favourite APAs.

Too bad it's kind of overpriced. Hopefully they'll start releasing this in 6-packs by next year, or even just in regular old tallboys.

Swampale

Post by Swampale »

If I can find it, this is one beer I take to dinner parties. Yes, I get odd looks when everyone else has brought a bottle of wine, but most of them know I make my own beer and usually bring my own Belgian brew which I bottle in similar sized bottles.

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

So what does Bartowel think of the 2014 version?
I have always liked this beer and this year is no exception. Is it expensive @$8.95 for 750ml? I guess so. Will I buy another 1 or 2? Yes.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

NRman wrote:So what does Bartowel think of the 2014 version?
It's pretty OK

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

PeenSteen wrote:
NRman wrote:So what does Bartowel think of the 2014 version?
It's pretty OK
Yeah - A good strong English-y Ale. Those grassy notes are there, which is what they're going for.

It's best right now, and I'll grab a couple bottles over the next week or so, while they're fresh.

I sometimes wonder if this beer couldn't benefit from bottle conditioning...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Agree that it's a tasty one...had some at the brewery on the weekend and picked up a bottle too.

chris_schryer

Post by chris_schryer »

Here's my review of it this year. Maybe a bit pricey, but my gosh, it's good. http://www.torontobeerblog.com/beer-rev ... a-brewery/

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

Just had a canned 2018 version of this. I think this is still pretty much the same beer as it was, but years of palette abuse and loss of palette memory (haven't had one for a few years ) makes me unsure.

I did enjoy it.

What i enjoyed even more was reading thru this thread - a chronological slice of the craft beer cake over the last 8 years. Our enthusiasm for this beer in 2010 was something, The opinions, the tastes, the costs, and the people - some who I still see all the time. It's been quite a ride.
Cheers to Thanksgiving 2018 and many more good beers to come!