Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New non-LCBO/TBS beer releases

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cadbury102

Post by Cadbury102 »

There was a pretty good turnout at Bellwoods today for SK. It was nice to see people lining up! I'm going to enjoy a SK this evening.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

Cadbury102 wrote:There was a pretty good turnout at Bellwoods today for SK. It was nice to see people lining up! I'm going to enjoy a SK this evening.
send us your feedback

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

admviolin wrote:I just saw barrels sitting out front of bellwoods with BYOD written in chalk on them.

They wouldn't sell it to me :)
I asked. They said they hope BOYD will be ready in 2 weeks.

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

Hopefully there will be some SK left by 8:30...

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

Definetly will be lots left tonight. There's 2000 bottles and I doubt most people are grabbing their max alottment. Plus, I was there around 230 today and no one else was around so I can see it easily lasting the weekend.

cheechonaleash

Post by cheechonaleash »

I'm going to be making my way to Bellwoods this weekend for the first time. Lucked out that it was on the same weekend of a new release, but I'm really hoping they have some SK left for me!

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

ckoop wrote:Definetly will be lots left tonight. There's 2000 bottles and I doubt most people are grabbing their max alottment. Plus, I was there around 230 today and no one else was around so I can see it easily lasting the weekend.
When I was there it seemed as though most people were buying 2-4 bottles.

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

northyorksammy wrote:
Cadbury102 wrote:There was a pretty good turnout at Bellwoods today for SK. It was nice to see people lining up! I'm going to enjoy a SK this evening.
send us your feedback
had on tap last night at the brewery. a lot going on. pretty fantatsic imo

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
ckoop wrote:Definetly will be lots left tonight. There's 2000 bottles and I doubt most people are grabbing their max alottment. Plus, I was there around 230 today and no one else was around so I can see it easily lasting the weekend.
When I was there it seemed as though most people were buying 2-4 bottles.
A spiced beer at 13 bucks a bottle is a heck of a leap of faith for someone to take on 8 bottles at once. 2-4 bottles seems like a safer play, even though I'm sure it's a good beer.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

rfrf wrote:
northyorksammy wrote:
send us your feedback
Good to hear. Thanks for the feedback.

Cadbury102

Post by Cadbury102 »

rfrf wrote:
northyorksammy wrote:
Cadbury102 wrote:
There was a pretty good turnout at Bellwoods today for SK. It was nice to see people lining up! I'm going to enjoy a SK this evening.

send us your feedback
Good to hear. Thanks for the feedback.
Just opened the bottle 30 minutes ago. SK is a stellar brew. I truly think it's Bellwoods best stout offering, perhaps even the best beer they've made this year. I think they really hit the nail on the head with the style, and they have added their own unique twist that comes off flawlessly.

I know 13 per bottle is steep for 500 ml, but it's well worth it.

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

I picked up a couple bottles after work just now and there was small a line up. I have no idea if they're selling in order of the number but I have bottles 707 and 708 out 2100.

Looking forward to this one along with the other future barrel releases in the near future.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Cadbury102 wrote:I know 13 per bottle is steep for 500 ml, but it's well worth it.
It's same range of a twenty-dollar 750ml wine, which these days ain't exactly high end. We live cheap in the beer world, sometimes.

Can't wait to try Skeleton Key Spiced and Rum Barrel Aged (1 year) Imperial Stout... you generally won't get that kind of effort put into a wine for the price.
In Beerum Veritas

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

heard them say that it won't last beyond tomorrow.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

atomeyes wrote:
heard them say that it won't last beyond tomorrow.
I went and grabbed a few SK before stopping in at the pub for the always-great Monogamy Centennial. While I was there someone called me to get two more Skeleton on my way out and I said sure so I'm back there barely an a hour later and they'd JUST sold out (that is, if I wasn't kidding when I just wrote that.)
In Beerum Veritas