Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Election Beer Tonight?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Election Beer Tonight?

Post by Cass »

Anyone have a beer plan for election night, to hopefully toast to some change at city hall?

Heading to the Bloor Cinema myself to watch the coverage on the big screen (free admission). Cans of the mostly Toronto KBC in my future. How about you?

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Other than drink heavily if Ford looks like the winner?

Likely some high ABV beers from the cellar that I'm slowly plowing through. Seems like the right night for that sort of thing.
lister

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

drinkin' in Montreal tonight. Their city council even makes ours look good!
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

At least there'll be no Ford as Mayor.

Enjoying my framboise homebrew...
lister

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

K:rlek
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Nickelbrook Cuvee 2013

A nice sipper, definately a good time of year to be drinking this. It's a nice enough beer, but i feel there's almost too much going on in it, and it may be a bit heavy in the spicing. The finish is great though, the bourbon barrel comes out and mixes nicely with an all-spice flavour.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Hmm...Had an Anchor porter then a twice as mad tom. We have a new mayor in Brampton, thank God.

There was an article in the star saying that if Susan Fennell lost Brampton, tonight it would be the first time the 3 biggest GTA cities elected a new mayor.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

Koval Millett whiskey and gingerale

Finished with a skeleton key.