Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Goose Island 2014 BC series release buffalo

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

that thing sold out in less than 5 seconds, literally. by the time I had selected "2" tickets and hit submit mostly all gone. managed to snag one ticket for a session.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Which one did you get? I bought 1 for 6pm, although I don't actually have a plan to get down there (yet).

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

Cass wrote:Which one did you get? I bought 1 for 6pm, although I don't actually have a plan to get down there (yet).
12pm.

I wanted 2 for 6pm but scrambled and got 1 for 12pm. 10 minutes later after constant refreshing it seems another 12pm ticket came up so snagged that for the missus.

I plan to stand in line for the 9am release too so it's going to be an interesting 24 hours.

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

This has got to be one of the hardest tickets to get. I think it was even quicker than Zwanze @ Volo :)

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I heard this would sell fast!

I've had a few BCBS and the first (2008?) was simply amazing, the second and third, yehh they were okay... I'm not leaping over buildings to get the other special ones, what with the 'insider' demand that makes it unlikely.
In Beerum Veritas

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Slightly OT, but obviously a few years on the AB acquisition hasn't done much to harm Bourbon County Stout or its following, or demand.

It's funny then (I guess?) to see all the negativity for the 10 Barrel thing yesterday. Wonder how that will play out.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Belgian wrote:I heard this would sell fast!

I've had a few BCBS and the first (2008?) was simply amazing, the second and third, yehh they were okay... I'm not leaping over buildings to get the other special ones, what with the 'insider' demand that makes it unlikely.
Really? You are literally the first person that I've seen suggest that BCS has gone downhill over the years.

IMO, it's as good as it ever was and I've had 2008-2013.

To each his own I guess.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
Belgian wrote:I heard this would sell fast!

Really? You are literally the first person that I've seen suggest that BCS has gone downhill over the years.

IMO, it's as good as it ever was and I've had 2008-2013.

To each his own I guess.
That's cool duffs, I just meant the first time it especially blew me away, although not literally :). I'm still game for the odd BC-acronymous Stout on tap at the Blue Monk or somewhere, I will just drag my feet more and be lazy about bottles, there's so much great beer out there now.
In Beerum Veritas

rudolf

Post by rudolf »

Token Buffalonian chiming in here. Two notes if you come down.

- Pizza Plant on Main Street (The location closer to the City of Buffalo) recently closed as they lost their lease. The location @ 7770 Transit Road is still open.

- Blue Monk is having an event on SATURDAY the 29th (NOT BLACK FRIDAY) where they'll "be tapping Goose Island Bourbon County Stout, Bourbon County Coffee Stout, Bourbon County Vanilla Stout & Bourbon County Barleywine 2013 on Saturday November 29th at 1130am."

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Well you only live once. Got a Porter flight to CHI so I'll be back at Black Friday again!

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

Cass wrote:Well you only live once. Got a Porter flight to CHI so I'll be back at Black Friday again!
8)

beerguykw

Post by beerguykw »

Does anyone know how much a 24 of the Bourbon County series costs? Or at least a per bottle rate?

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

beerguykw wrote:Does anyone know how much a 24 of the Bourbon County series costs? Or at least a per bottle rate?

From BA
BCS 4pks, Barleywine 4pks, BCS Coffee 4pks, Proprietor's 22oz, & Vanilla Rye 22oz will all be $26.99

beerguykw

Post by beerguykw »

Thanks rfrf!