Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Goose Island 2014 BC series release buffalo

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Ceecee wrote:It takes a lot of gas to drive to Vermont and come back with a trunk full of beer.
Is it even legal to sell that VT beer in NY like that?

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Nope!

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

Not in the least but I don't see them getting legit shipments from Alchemist and Lawson's.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Ceecee wrote:Not in the least but I don't see them getting legit shipments from Alchemist and Lawson's.
I don't get your comment about legit shipments?

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Alchemist doesn't distribute out of state so Heady anywhere else is re-sold stock. Lawson's just announced that it would distribute to Connecticut as that's where a lot of their production is brewed nowadays.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
Ceecee wrote:Not in the least but I don't see them getting legit shipments from Alchemist and Lawson's.
I don't get your comment about legit shipments?
The cans of Heady that they have (and possibly the BCBS) is hand-bought at a store (or acquired through non-official means) and re-sold on the shelf. "Legit shipments" means that it came from the brewery through an authorized distributor, which it didn't.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

hotel is booked.
hope there won't be a line.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

what a great event!
and later, full pours of BCS Barleywine at Coles.

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

Full pours meaning pints? Ooof - too much BC barleywine IMO. 5oz was a nice size for these ones.

Blue Monk was a nice little pub - would be worth revisiting on a quieter day.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

A wrote:Full pours meaning pints? Ooof - too much BC barleywine IMO. 5oz was a nice size for these ones.

Blue Monk was a nice little pub - would be worth revisiting on a quieter day.
yeah, it was my last beer of the night and i couldn't finish it.

i guess you can say that Blue Monk's a nice little pub. when it's at it's peak, it's one of the best i've been to. Coles is a different beast (love their wings, tho)

aofe

Post by aofe »

It was a great event.

We got there about 11:00 and were second in line. By doors open there were about 50-75 or so people. The vanilla stout was great, Coffee stout absolute amazing and the barley wine while good, bit tough to finish. Did try a couple other goose islands as well. 5oz pours. Overall, well worth the trip down!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

If anyone's interested in a bit more 'behind the scenes' about BCBS, here's an audio recording of November's Black Friday tasting at Goose's brewpub in Chicago.

http://www.bartowel.com/live-from-goose-island/

It was great of Goose to allow me to record it.

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

Cass wrote:If anyone's interested in a bit more 'behind the scenes' about BCBS, here's an audio recording of November's Black Friday tasting at Goose's brewpub in Chicago.

http://www.bartowel.com/live-from-goose-island/

It was great of Goose to allow me to record it.
thanks. still owe ya a bottle!