Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bellwoods Monogamy--Summit

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

mgmoney

Bellwoods Monogamy--Summit

Post by mgmoney »

Delicious IPA, dank and piney traditional Summit hop profile...love this..but still prefer the Citra only...
Everytime I learn something new I forget something old...like that time I learned to make wine and then forgot how to drive...

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

mgmoney wrote:Delicious IPA, dank and piney traditional Summit hop profile...love this..but still prefer the Citra only...
nothing will ever compare the Monogamy Nelson

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

didnt have the opportunity to enjoy that one...speaking of Nelson Sauvin hops other than Alpine nelson, does anyone know of beers that predominantly use this hop, other than Hop Wired?
Everytime I learn something new I forget something old...like that time I learned to make wine and then forgot how to drive...

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

mgmoney wrote:didnt have the opportunity to enjoy that one...speaking of Nelson Sauvin hops other than Alpine nelson, does anyone know of beers that predominantly use this hop, other than Hop Wired?
Does having a plethora of homebrew pale ales using NZ and AUS hops this summer count? :wink:
lister

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

mgmoney wrote:didnt have the opportunity to enjoy that one...speaking of Nelson Sauvin hops other than Alpine nelson, does anyone know of beers that predominantly use this hop, other than Hop Wired?
I think Dunham's Leos Early Breakfast IPA uses it, but as I heard it, much of the 2013 crop was reserved for the NZ market, resulting in very little availability for NA and Euro brewers last year
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

love to try those homebrews...

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

I'd be curious to see a Kohatu Monogamy. Left Field's Prospect in that hop was great. Another take would be interesting. The same song by a different artist, you know?
saintjohnswort.ca

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

saints_gambit wrote:I'd be curious to see a Kohatu Monogamy. Left Field's Prospect in that hop was great. Another take would be interesting. The same song by a different artist, you know?
Kohatu Monogamy came out in October, 2013.

I missed the Left Field Prospect version, so I'd be interested in trying their take on it.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

saints_gambit wrote:I'd be curious to see a Kohatu Monogamy. Left Field's Prospect in that hop was great. Another take would be interesting. The same song by a different artist, you know?
The LF Kohatu was quite nice. I wanted to get some for myself to brew but none of the usual homebrew shops up here stock it. :(
lister

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

groulxsome wrote:
Kohatu Monogamy came out in October, 2013.

I missed the Left Field Prospect version, so I'd be interested in trying their take on it.
Shows how much attention I pay.
saintjohnswort.ca

J343MY

Post by J343MY »

Jack's Abby Kiwi Rising is very Nelson heavy and amazing.

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

Yeah need to get down that New England corridor to pick up some Jack's Abby, as well as NEBCO stuff...still on my to have list

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

mgmoney wrote:Yeah need to get down that New England corridor to pick up some Jack's Abby, as well as NEBCO stuff...still on my to have list
Both distribute to the Buffalo area and can be found at Premier. although finding specific beers can often be difficult.

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

Never seen Ghandibot at Premier or Kiwi Rising...only Hoponius Union...also find Premier doesnt keep website up to date with stuff they have...does anyone know if they have a twiter account that release special releases

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

mgmoney wrote:Never seen Ghandibot at Premier or Kiwi Rising...only Hoponius Union...also find Premier doesnt keep website up to date with stuff they have...does anyone know if they have a twiter account that release special releases
I've found both there before. Problem is they both tend to sell out in 24-48 hours so you need some seriously good timing to find either one.