Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

US Beer Releases (premier, consumer, vbm)

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

ckoop

US Beer Releases (premier, consumer, vbm)

Post by ckoop »

Due to each of these stores' crappy twitter usage, I've been thinking that a catch all thread for unannounced or even announced releases might be handy for Ontario beer hunters.

First up, Firestone Sucaba landed in buffalo today. Vbm tweeted it yesterday and I happen to be over at premier around lunch today and they had it on the counter. 1 per, 17.99, only one case in he said.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Great idea.

FEUO

Post by FEUO »

And Holiday and Champagne's and 8 Degrees.... Oh wait....
Buffalo = US. All of it.

:P

I guess I'll start a Michigan specific thread.
Just teasin.

Great idea. So much info to harness. Best of luck.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Once it sells out at Premier (possibly by tomorrow) keep your eye on some of the smaller Consumers. Found Sucuba at the little one on Niagara Falls Blvd in Niagara a couple years back in early March.

Great idea to include Detroit/Port Huron in the thread as well.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Sucaba is gone from Buffalo (Premiere, VWM, Elmwood and Sheridan Consumers and Aurora Brew Works). A few bottles of Prairie Bomb! left at ABW, but nowhere else. Allagash Midnight Brett new at Premiere and VWM.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

And by VWM I mean VBM. Confusing my beer with wine :-?

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

I know this is a Toronto Forum but a Syracuse#Rochester#Vermont one would be fun for the Ottawa people.

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

Seems to be lots of stock of hop slam and nugget nectar in western new york. they both released on monday during the snow storm and when I went to the consumers on niagara falls blvd today they had at least three cases of each on the floor. 18.99 for hop slam and 12.99 or 13.99 for nugget. a couple packs of hi res as well.

cheechonaleash

Post by cheechonaleash »

ckoop wrote:Seems to be lots of stock of hop slam and nugget nectar in western new york. they both released on monday during the snow storm and when I went to the consumers on niagara falls blvd today they had at least three cases of each on the floor. 18.99 for hop slam and 12.99 or 13.99 for nugget. aGmail couple packs of hi res as well.
Wait. $18.99 for a case of Hopslam? Like 24 bottles? A WHOLE case?

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

cheechonaleash wrote:
ckoop wrote:Seems to be lots of stock of hop slam and nugget nectar in western new york. they both released on monday during the snow storm and when I went to the consumers on niagara falls blvd today they had at least three cases of each on the floor. 18.99 for hop slam and 12.99 or 13.99 for nugget. aGmail couple packs of hi res as well.
6-Packs probably.

cheechonaleash

Post by cheechonaleash »

iguenard wrote:
cheechonaleash wrote:
6-Packs probably.
Ohhhh...I was going to say... thanks for the clarification!

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Cans or bottles of Nugget Nectar?
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

Only bottles so far of nn. Yeah, 6 packs of hop slam.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Funny a few of my buddies in Michigan were laughing at Hopslam prices and reminiscing about how cheap it used to be before it got "so popular"....they don't like how the intense demand for it has created constant prices increases as well and pretty much only buy it to trade now.

blakee

Post by blakee »

should have posted this sooner but i was at premier on wednesday evening and they had cans + bottles of nugget nectar and 6 packs of hopslam on the shelves