Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Another round of Certified Cicerone® training

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

SlipperyPete

Another round of Certified Cicerone® training

Post by SlipperyPete »

Here we go again.

So, since unfortunately the Beer Academy is closed, I have relocated classes to the Lansdowne Brewery (303 Lansdowne), where most likely they will be predominantly held every Monday night, starting around mid to late February.

Although the brewery is not open yet (we are working on it!), enough is finished that classes can be held. This presents me with a few advantages over last time:

1. Full access to a working brewery. Instead of drawing you a nice picture of a bright tank, you can climb on inside of it.

2. More food and beer pairings. I can actually serve hot food this time around. I wasn't legally permitted to use the kitchen at BA.

3. A reduced rate. Even though my costs have gone up across the board, I no longer have to pay for use of a space. I can offer 20 lessons for $595.00, now.

For any questions and information you can check out https://petersbeereducation.wordpress.com/ or email me directly petercampagna@ymail.com

Love that beer.[/quote][/list]

SlipperyPete

Post by SlipperyPete »

Wow. Great response.

Thank you to those whom messaged me with interest. You will be contacted by email with further instructions.

Beer_Education training schedule for Certified Cicerone®

@ 20 classes

1. Monday, March 2 – Off-flavours and Introductions
2. Tuesday, March 3 – Sensory Evaluation and Palate Calibration
3. Monday, March 9 – Common Beer flavours
4. Tuesday, March 10 – Malts & Malting
5. Monday, March 16 – Hops w/ Organic Hop farmer Shane Eby
6. Tuesday, March 17 – Yeast and other organisms
7. Monday, March 23 – Review + 9 style tastings
8. Tuesday, March 24 – Draught Systems with Jeff Rogowsky
9. Monday, March 30 – Provincial and Territorial selling and serving laws
10. Monday, April 6 – Food, Cheese and Beer Pairing with Chef Jesse Vallins (The Saint Tavern) (Easter Monday)
11. Monday, April 13 – Essay reviews and Ingredient Assessment
12. Monday, April 20 – Shelf life, Storage & Cellaring
13. Monday, April 27 – Pouring Techniques and Bottle service
14. Monday, May 4 – The Brewing Process Pt. 1 with Matt Tweedy (Beau’s Brewery)
15. Monday, May 11 – The Brewing Process Pt. 2 with Matt Tweedy (Beau’s Brewery)
16. Monday, May 25 – Belgian and Trappist Lore
17. Monday, June 1 – Draught Trouble-shooting + 3 BJCP category tastings
18. Monday, June 8 – Final Review
19. Monday, June 15 – Written and Tasting Exam
20. Monday, June 22 – Exam review and additional tasting exam

In between all those lessons all 76 styles in the BJCP guide will be sampled, and evaluated. Other new styles will be selected from the 2014 BJCP guide as well.

Parties interested please PM me, or check the attached link. Spots still open.

Cheers.

https://petersbeereducation.wordpress.com/

SlipperyPete

Post by SlipperyPete »

Big thanks to the response and inquires from people. Always excites as to how interested people are about beer now.

Unfortunately, I have to post-pone the March beginning of Cicerone Training. I would be fooling myself if I actually thought between opening Lansdowne brewery and the many other things going on in my life that I could deliver the best training possible. Not a chance. The people I train deserve me at my best.

For anybody looking to take the exam, one is being offered on April 9th, at Cool Beer Co.

http://cicerone.org/ca/content/exam-schedule

Anyone looking to write the exam please let me know, with a few people I can run a practice exam for you, with a complete tasting portion.

Peace.