Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

BTP's Johns Dark Secret

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

mtomlins

BTP's Johns Dark Secret

Post by mtomlins »

Has anyone tried one of BTP's new BA releases Johns Dark Secret? It tasted off to me and was wondering what others thought. For a beer that spent a year in a bourbon barrel, there was very little barrel character. I also thought it was pretty bitter/astringent. It couldn't be the hops after all that age and only 30 IBUs right? I was thinking maybe too many heavy roasted specialty grains (e.g., black patent) in the grain bill?

Anyone try it yet?

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Also rather close to the name of one of C'est What's house beers: Joan's Dark Secret.

mtomlins

Post by mtomlins »

So many secrets in the brewing world....

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

....dark, dark secrets.....