Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Barncat Artisan Ales, Cambridge

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

matt7215 wrote:The quality of Jeremy's beer was more than enough to convince me that he should go pro!

It was a no brainer to partner with him on this venture and I’m proud to be the other half of Barncat Artisan Ales

As Jeremy said we still have a ton of work to do but one of us keep this community updated as things come together.

cheers
matt
Congrats Matt (and Jeremy)!

Every homebrew I've had from Matt has been great to outstanding. I look forward to partaking in Barncat!
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Another brewery close to home is a good thing. Congrats

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

atomeyes wrote:
#durianbeer4ever
My wife loves durian and would have killed for this beer, perhaps even killed me!
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

beerguykw

Post by beerguykw »

Really looking forward to this. I drive past Cambridge every day for work. I'll be making some purchases for sure.

mahcinesquad

Post by mahcinesquad »

Awesome! The homebrews I've seen posted sound great. And it's always good to have a new brewery in my backyard.

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

Sick news, dudes! I'm seriously so stoked for this, and I wish the both of you all the best in the venture. Can't wait to try the beers that come out of the place. Cheers!

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

Bold statement, but as long as there are no issues with scaling up, this will potentially be the best brewery in Ontario.
"There's always money in the banana stand."

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Kish84 wrote:Bold statement, but as long as there are no issues with scaling up, this will potentially be the best brewery in Ontario.
At least until you doomed them to failure with that statement! :wink:

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

JerCraigs wrote:
Kish84 wrote:Bold statement, but as long as there are no issues with scaling up, this will potentially be the best brewery in Ontario.
I believe in them, The Nightman Cometh was scaled up just fine.
"There's always money in the banana stand."

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

Congrats Jeremy and Matt.

Jeremy - I've had the pleasure of only having tried a couple of your homebrews, but they've been top class. Extremely excited to trying whatever you decide to brew going forward.

Best of luck!

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

This is fantastic news. Congrats to both of you! I really dig the name and look forward to trying my first Barncat beer.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Kish84 wrote:
JerCraigs wrote:
I believe in them, The Nightman Cometh was scaled up just fine.
That's still my measuring stick for Black IPA's. It's the only beer I've had that Jeremy had had a hand in, but I'm super excited on that alone. Did a couple trades with Matt several years and and was super impressed with his his homebrew, so excitement is squared!

It's going to be God damn awesome to stop by your guys brewery for fresh beer after a long summer day flyfishing the Grand!

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

Kish84 wrote:as long as there are no issues with scaling up, this will potentially be the best brewery in Ontario.
I would agree.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Go Forth and Multiply (your great brewing ideas into crazy success...)
In Beerum Veritas

J343MY

Post by J343MY »

Thanks for all the love you guys. The bar has been set very high for us, but we wouldn't want it any other way.