Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Double Trouble French Press Vanilla Stout

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

mgmoney

Double Trouble French Press Vanilla Stout

Post by mgmoney »

From a can from LCBO...didnt see a canned date so not sure...did not get much of a coffee or vanilla taste to be honest. Thin mouthfeel, expecting something richer...fuller...
Prefer Mill Vanilla Porter tbh...
Everytime I learn something new I forget something old...like that time I learned to make wine and then forgot how to drive...

Philip1

Post by Philip1 »

FP Vanilla Stout has been my go-to stout all winter. It gets the vanilla taste and the carbonation just right. Anyway, it doesn't matter because its been discontinued by the LCBO.

Philip1

Post by Philip1 »

Just checked the Double Trouble Brewing website. Hop & Robbers, Prison Break Pilsner, and a rye pale ale are profiled but there is no mention at all of FPVS. So maybe Double Trouble stopped making it.

darmokandjalad

Post by darmokandjalad »

Philip1 wrote:Just checked the Double Trouble Brewing website. Hop & Robbers, Prison Break Pilsner, and a rye pale ale are profiled but there is no mention at all of FPVS. So maybe Double Trouble stopped making it.
I am pretty sure they just haven't updated their website in months.

Here's something more recent, which says that FPVS is a 'seasonal' - presumably winter only, but there are still fresh flats of it showing up at my local LCBO.

As for the 'best before' date on this product - there is definitely one stamped on the can. The problem is that it is stamped in white ink, which doesn't show up very well on the can's packaging. It is printed on the main label face, often somewhere near the UPC code.

I didn't mind this beer and will probably continue to pick it up once in a while.

Inkling

Post by Inkling »

I would like to try that. It's in a zillion LCBO's but nothing east of Kingston. I hate when they do that!