Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Best Bargains

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

El Pinguino wrote:The only thing I get from TBS is a 4-pack of Trois Pistoles, also a good deal at 4 for 10.45..
Yes and when you buy twenty-four you save about five bucks, or almost a buck off a four pack which is a coolness. This beer never dies and you can keep it for years.
In Beerum Veritas

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

sofakingdrunk wrote:
matt7215 wrote:Sinha Stout

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/sinha- ... SEwXGBX-uY

$2.40 for a 330ml of 8.8% stout
I've always just passed over this without giving it a second thought, I guess i better pick up a bottle to try.
I distinctly remember the first time I picked this up from a Scarborough LCBO... I thought hey, I've never had a brew from Shrilanka... And then Damn, this is pretty good!

I like the Trois Pistol as well... Prefer it over La Fin Du Monde, which seems to take the spot light.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

sofakingdrunk wrote:
Derek wrote:Growlers... Often $10 for the equivalent of a 6 pack of fresh beer!
That is a bargain....but not that cheap here. I pay minimum $7 for a 1L squealer of(usually) middle of the road beer.
I think Mill Street was up to $12 before I left TO, but I'm pretty sure Granit was still $10. Their dry stout is second to none, the dry hop ESB was good, but the Hopping Mad was even better. That was almost 5 years ago. :o

Here in Kelowna, Tree does Growlers for $10 and grunts for $6.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

This may sound out of place, but Pistoles and Sinha are both amazing beers when you're grilling outside in the summer The fullness of the flavors is paradoxically quenching.
In Beerum Veritas

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Thanks for the suggestions fellas. A few new ones to pick up and try

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Derek wrote:
sofakingdrunk wrote:
Derek wrote:Growlers... Often $10 for the equivalent of a 6 pack of fresh beer!
That is a bargain....but not that cheap here. I pay minimum $7 for a 1L squealer of(usually) middle of the road beer.
I think Mill Street was up to $12 before I left TO, but I'm pretty sure Granit was still $10. Their dry stout is second to none, the dry hop ESB was good, but the Hopping Mad was even better. That was almost 5 years ago. :o

Here in Kelowna, Tree does Growlers for $10 and grunts for $6.
Was at Block 3 the other day. Growler fills for the beers currently on offer range from $10 to $13.