Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

atomeyes wrote:
just got my rejection email this AM. check your spam email folder. read the email carefully because, at first, you'll be celebrating getting a bottle.
but you get the same email if you get or don't get a bottle.
look for "allotted quantity"
Got my rejection note this morning as well. For some reason this feels worse than when a woman says "no" to a date lol.

cfrancis: Comes from the Vintages Shop Online "admin" address. Might be in your spam folder.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

If you got shut out on the 10 and the 12 Lot B...just think that you can put that 180 bucks to 4 bottles of Weller!!!
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

JeffPorter wrote:If you got shut out on the 10 and the 12 Lot B...just think that you can put that 180 bucks to 4 bottles of Weller!!!
Definitely a wise investment. If you're not #NEWMONEY you do this.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Sure, that would be great advice, except Weller hasn't been available in the LCBO for like 9 months.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Craig wrote:Sure, that would be great advice, except Weller hasn't been available in the LCBO for like 9 months.
It's in now...it's going fast 40 bottles left at Summerhill as of last night.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

JeffPorter wrote:
Craig wrote:Sure, that would be great advice, except Weller hasn't been available in the LCBO for like 9 months.
It's in now...it's going fast 40 bottles left at Summerhill as of last night.
I bought 2 bottles last time. Great stuff.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

And its probably only going to get more scarce in the future. I actually prefer EC 12 to Weller 12. Thankfully, Heaven Hill has the largest stockpile of older bourbon.....hopefully they don't burn shit down again and they keep pumping out some great bourbons.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

April 20th ehhhh...

Masterplan wrote:
jp_jkl wrote:
PeenSteen wrote:
1080 Cases of Sierra Nevada is expected at the LCBO warehouse April 8 (aprox.)

Notable.ca is claiming April 20 as the day Sierra Nevada will hit LCBO shelves.

12 days in the warehouse roughly?

http://notable.ca/toronto/yp-life/Ameri ... pril-20th/
That's a good April fools....

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

BakaGaijin wrote:
And its probably only going to get more scarce in the future. I actually prefer EC 12 to Weller 12. Thankfully, Heaven Hill has the largest stockpile of older bourbon.....hopefully they don't burn shit down again and they keep pumping out some great bourbons.
You and I already had this discussion, but I'm having W12 and FRSB side by side tonight. And while I love them both, they're very different. I love the softness of the W12 and the fact that it needs absolutely nothing, but I love the depth, spiciness, and richness of FRSB.

Bottom line - I love them both, and they're both a steal (if you can still find the FRSB kicking around).

I've been hearing the price of Weller 12 has been on the rise in the U.S. too - approaching $40 U.S. in some places, which I think has been the same trend with FRSB, which makes our prices a decent value, I think.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

JeffPorter wrote:
BakaGaijin wrote:
You and I already had this discussion, but I'm having W12 and FRSB side by side tonight. And while I love them both, they're very different. I love the softness of the W12 and the fact that it needs absolutely nothing, but I love the depth, spiciness, and richness of FRSB.

Bottom line - I love them both, and they're both a steal (if you can still find the FRSB kicking around).

I've been hearing the price of Weller 12 has been on the rise in the U.S. too - approaching $40 U.S. in some places, which I think has been the same trend with FRSB, which makes our prices a decent value, I think.
Agreed. Both those bourbons are good value at the LCBO. Actually, all Four Roses products are.

I have a soft spot for Four Roses ever since Jim Rutledge set me up with a tour of the Gotemba Distillery in Japan. That guy is as solid as they come.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

I love the Four Roses S.B. too. Drinkvine tells us that there is tons at Summerhill, and a few kicking around at other stores as well. I like the idea of an H2H with Weller. Will do that soon.

EDIT: sorry, the Four Roses that is now in at Summerhill et al is the Small Batch, not the Single Barrel.

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

JeffPorter wrote:If you got shut out on the 10 and the 12 Lot B...just think that you can put that 180 bucks to 4 bottles of Weller!!!
Or Maker's 46. Very solid wheater as well, and not at all talked about for whatever reason.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

spinrsx wrote:April 20th ehhhh...

Masterplan wrote:
jp_jkl wrote: 1080 Cases of Sierra Nevada is expected at the LCBO warehouse April 8 (aprox.)

Notable.ca is claiming April 20 as the day Sierra Nevada will hit LCBO shelves.

12 days in the warehouse roughly?

http://notable.ca/toronto/yp-life/Ameri ... pril-20th/

That's a good April fools....

Getting back to beer, I asked at my local store about a week or two ago and from what they could see it wasn't even in the warehouse yet!

Testing plus the trickling down to the stores, May?

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

went to Leaside today to look for Weller12.
they have it at the tasting bar. did it side by side with Eagle Rare and another bourbon (wish i could remember).
the gent working there poured me other glasses, like Remy Martin ($115/bottle), Chartreuse ($100/bottle) and yeah, life was good.
charged me nadda.
bought the Weller b/c i thought it would make a very, very nice Manhattan due to its oak character. not loving it.
sorry if that's sacriledge :)

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

I guess I was one of the very few lucky ones to win the PVW lottery :)