Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

US Beer Releases (premier, consumer, vbm)

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

sprague11 wrote:Heard from a couple Buffalo locals that Perennial 17 is at Premier, as is their collab. Saison with Prairie. a Pizza Boy sour has been popping up at a couple stores in Rochester as well.
17 was there over the weekend. Was $16.99 a bottle I believe and well worth it.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
sprague11 wrote:Heard from a couple Buffalo locals that Perennial 17 is at Premier, as is their collab. Saison with Prairie. a Pizza Boy sour has been popping up at a couple stores in Rochester as well.
17 was there over the weekend. Was $16.99 a bottle I believe and well worth it.
Nice; hopefully still there this weekend. Taking a drive over on Saturday.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

If you're willing to drive a bit longer, one of my former classmates working in Rochester tells me that AJ's Warehouse has some Central Waters and Pizza Boy (!!) bottles available, as well as a couple Bruery and Crooked Staves that Buffalo does not get.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

sprague11 wrote:If you're willing to drive a bit longer, one of my former classmates working in Rochester tells me that AJ's Warehouse has some Central Waters and Pizza Boy (!!) bottles available, as well as a couple Bruery and Crooked Staves that Buffalo does not get.
Premier also had a few limited CS bottles on Saturday and a Pizza Boy bottle.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Popping down on Sat as well. Hoping some CS is still left.

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

boney wrote:Popping down on Sat as well. Hoping some CS is still left.
Well, when i thought i was being smart and showing up when they opened assuming they got parabola yesterday since VBM did they had what looked like a lot of CS surrette and vielle on the shelf and a perennial 17 at the counter. sadly, they had no parabola at the time and i couldn't just hang out there waiting for the delivery. and its come and gone in a matter of minutes as i type this! looks like i'm trading for it again!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Is it insane to ask what became of the (new shipment) Founders KBS?

Just wondering if worth looking anywhere for this must-try beer. Thanks!
In Beerum Veritas

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

looks like Parabola came and went in 5 minutes.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Sounds about right. FW 18 lasted all of 10 minutes.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

So much new stuff down in Buffalo. Premiere Gourmet has tweeted out most of the new stuff available in the last week or so. No more bottles of Perennial 17, Parabola or KBS anywhere in Buffalo, but didn't expect there to be. Premiere still had bottles of Pizza Boy Golden Sour (for $37) and bottles of CS Progenitor Golden and Dark Sour Ales. All the other Perennial and some interesting Anchorage brews available.

Hit up Aurora Brew Works which is always worth a stop. They either get bottles of things Premiere doesn't or rare bottles stick around longer as I often see stuff there that Premiere doesn't have. Today I picked up a CS Serenata Noturna that no one else had. They are easily my #2 store in the Buffalo area and it's great to shop while drinking a pint.

Also got out to Allen Burger Venture, which was really outstanding. A perfectly cooked medium burger and equally tasty truffle fries. Crazy busy, but super friendly, helpful staff. About 2 dozen very well curated taps. I was lucky enough to drink some Perennial 17 while there. Highly recommended.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

i picked up a 17 on wednesday. Also a load of hoppy beers, some of much appear to have been around somewhat too long or otherwise not prime condition. When Ethan or certain people or there I check with them on freshness.

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

northyorksammy wrote:i picked up a 17 on wednesday. Also a load of hoppy beers, some of much appear to have been around somewhat too long or otherwise not prime condition. When Ethan or certain people or there I check with them on freshness.
yep, it's the bane of all ipa lovers in wny (and really anywhere that doesn't have kick ass local ipas that sell out regularly!). i've just been keeping an ongoing note on my phone of various brewers' cryptic date codes so i can figure stuff out on my own. that, and just sticking to seasonal ipas have helped me avoid buying any over the hill ipas recently.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

one had a June 2014 date on it which I was surprised was still on the shelf. Unfortunately, I could not check any or all dates in store-takes a long time
have to rely on store reputation

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

northyorksammy wrote:one had a June 2014 date on it which I was surprised was still on the shelf. Unfortunately, I could not check any or all dates in store-takes a long time
have to rely on store reputation
haha, which is why i only go beer shopping when my wife and kids aren't waiting in the car anymore!

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

In terms of IPA's I pretty much stick to what I see tweeted out as a new arrivals, seasonals I know that are coming out and growler fills. I stay away from random IPA's I don't recognize or can't date on that info. I probably miss out on a few things, but i'm disappointed less. That said, I broke my own rules and was burned by an ancient bottle of Moylans Hop Craic at VWM several months ago.