Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Soods

Post by Soods »

A side by each tasting of Heady Topper, Sip of Sunshine and Second Fiddle.

My tastebuds say:

1)Second Fiddle
2) Sip of Sunshine
3) Heady Topper

All fabulous beers in their own right, but was surprised that Heady ended up in third.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

More Allimant Laugner Crémant D'Alsace Rosé Brut…

but earlier had some Cask Stonehammer Queen's English Mild at Castro's, for which I recommend you slide down there for the mini cask ale event they are having there with all the good people this little gem of a place attracts. Five bucks after five on a Saturday!!
In Beerum Veritas

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Soods wrote:A side by each tasting of Heady Topper, Sip of Sunshine and Second Fiddle.

My tastebuds say:

1)Second Fiddle
2) Sip of Sunshine
3) Heady Topper

All fabulous beers in their own right, but was surprised that Heady ended up in third.
Very interesting. Experiments like this are always fun to do. Cheers!

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

Soods wrote: All fabulous beers in their own right, but was surprised that Heady ended up in third.
Maybe you weren't drinking out of the can as directed. :lol:

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

had a State of Mind by collective arts - one of the better ontario 'session IPA's I've had so far. Followed this up with a Gregorious.. A decent beer but not something I'd return to with Chimay/Roche/Berny etc on the shelf beside it.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Goose IPA.

Bellwoods Hellwoods Imperial Stout, out of the 750ml Family Size bottle I stashed away in March of 2013. Know what it tastes like? Hellwoods!
In Beerum Veritas

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Pommies farmhouse cider which I quite enjoyed.

DDC route des epices, which was delicious. Really picked up the rye and peppercorn. Although it was very much tasting like a wee heavy to me, not a red ale.

Bellwoods hellwoods

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Death valley IPA. I'm finding it really really bland.....like almost macro-bland. There seems to be some sweetness to it, but thats really all i'm getting.
I had 2 pints of goose island IPA at the bar, then the second half of a bottle of bellwoods hellwoods when i got home, now drinking this and getting nothing from it. The nose on it is really nice but flavour wise there is nothing.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

sofakingdrunk wrote:Death valley IPA. I'm finding it really really bland.....like almost macro-bland. There seems to be some sweetness to it, but thats really all i'm getting.
I had 2 pints of goose island IPA at the bar, then the second half of a bottle of bellwoods hellwoods when i got home, now drinking this and getting nothing from it. The nose on it is really nice but flavour wise there is nothing.
Hmmm, well it's 28th Percentile for style on RB, but that never in the past stopped me from trying a Quebec beer.

Now enjoying the second half of a bottle of bellwoods hellwoods. You really need to stop that!
In Beerum Veritas

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Belgian wrote:
sofakingdrunk wrote:Death valley IPA. I'm finding it really really bland.....like almost macro-bland. There seems to be some sweetness to it, but thats really all i'm getting.
Hmmm, well it's 28th Percentile for style on RB, but that never in the past stopped me from trying a Quebec beer.

Now enjoying the second half of a bottle of bellwoods hellwoods. You really need to stop that!
Drinking it after the Hellwoods may account for the bland-ness

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Beau's Kissmeyer
Stiegl (Both at Comrade)
GL Miami Weisse (At The Wren)
Muskoka Weisse

The Kissmeyer is not bad at all ($5.00 pint), liked it better than the Wag The Wolf yesterday and T+M. The Muskoka Weisse is good, more bitter than Side Launch though not in a bad way. With beef braised in Argentinian Malbec!
In Beerum Veritas

ritzkiss

Post by ritzkiss »

Lots of good beer after 4 days in Washington DC, but the standouts have been the Lagunitas Mango Habanero IPA, Boulevard Hibiscus Gose & Perennial Hopfentea Berliner. As well as many good pints of the always delicious Bell's Two Hearted. A good beer city...

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Over the last little while:
Half Hours on Earth 2013 Sour Brown Ale (bottle)
Flying Monkeys 12 Minutes to Destiny (sample)
Beer Lab American Dark Ale (draft)
Rainhard Armed 'N Citra (draft)
Clifford Porter (draft)
Flying Monkeys Hoptical Illusion APA (draft)
Nickel Brook Winey Bastard Imperial Stout (bottle)
Le Trou du Diable Apocalypso (bottle)
Mad & Noisy Hop & Weizen (can)
Creemore Springs Lot 9 Pilsner (can)
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Round 2 at The Craft Brasserie & Grille:
Atwater Vanilla Java Porter (draft)
Liberty Village 504 Pale Ale (draft)
Stone Arrogant Bastard Ale (draft)
Brimstone Sinister Minister IPA (draft)
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Biergötter Gueuze 2013