Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Craft Brew Cruise - June 6

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Craft Brew Cruise - June 6

Post by Cass »

Toronto Craft Brew Cruise Saturday, June 6th, 2015 - 2pm & 7pm

www.torontocraftbrewcruise.com @craftbrewcruise

It’s back! The beer festival on a boat!

Join the second annual Toronto CraftBrew Cruise aboard The River Gambler on the Harborfront. This session style event is positioned as a premier beer event for the true craft connoisseur.

Ontario’s finest craft brewers have been selectively invited to participate on this voyage. It’s going to be a celebration of craft brewing as we take this festival to the Harbor.

We have expanded our program this year after successfully selling out our first year. We are offering an early season sailing on Saturday, June 6th with two unique sailings scheduled that day at 2pm and 7pm. Each session will run for a “three hour tour” on the water. The River Gambler has the capacity to hold 500 people per sailing and is situated downtown on the Queens Quay at the foot of Parliament Street. This will provide you with an opportunity to share unique brews with over 1000 craft beer lovers that day.

Toronto Craft Brew Cruise was a sellout success in the inaugural year and has turned into one of the more anticipated beer events on the upcoming craft beer festival calendar. It’s my pleasure to invite you to join us on board for 2015.

PatchesPal

Post by PatchesPal »

Has anybody been to one of these? I bought tickets and and am not sure what to expect. Any tips/hints/warnings would be appreciated. I was hoping that the boat thing would provide a fun twist, as I'm finding beer events in the city are getting less and less exciting - either because there's so many that the brewers are getting festival fatigue, or I'm just getting jaded as I get older.

Rob Creighton
Bar Fly

Post by Rob Creighton »

Loved every beer boat cruise I have ever been on. Just all around better to enjoy the air and the view while sampling a pint. Warning though. If this boat has top ports that lead to the bar (like the Empire Sandy), I managed to drop straight through and damage my ankle on the floor below. Over the years, two others managed to fall in the same spot and get their legs caught in the rungs, causing severe breaks. Dangers of nautical boozing 8)

cveerman

Post by cveerman »

I bought two tickets for the 2pm voyage and can't make it. PM me if interested.

PatchesPal

Post by PatchesPal »

Is it all-in, or do I need to bring money?