Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Summer Craft Beer Release 2015

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Lukie wrote:
jeremyg wrote:had the death valley last night with a buddy, really enjoyed it. great price.

I did not like this one. found it one dimensional and too sweet, even for a belgian ipa. It was a chore to finish that big bottle. Luckily, Gregorius was there to save the evening.
I agree it's a bit sweet as it warms. My first bottle the second half wasn't as good as I left it on the counter. I put the bottle in the fridge half way through on my 2nd, 3rd and 4th bottle. :wink:
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

-Liam-

Post by -Liam- »

jeremyg wrote:had the death valley last night with a buddy, really enjoyed it. great price.
Yep. Drinking it now, and enjoying it. Not mind blowing, but you really can't argue with the price.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

LTDD APOCALYPSO, $6.40, 600ml
When you shake it around you get this kinda disgusting flocculated yeast, looking like orange juice more than beer. Hoo dear… guess I'll try it anyway for six bucks. Take one for the team...
In Beerum Veritas

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Belgian wrote:LTDD APOCALYPSO, $6.40, 600ml
When you shake it around you get this kinda disgusting flocculated yeast, looking like orange juice more than beer. Hoo dear… guess I'll try it anyway for six bucks. Take one for the team...
That happens to me sometimes, I'm not paying attention and grab the "more pulp" product off the shelf.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

listed now and showing stock

PHILLIPS ELECTRIC UNICORN WHITE IPA
LCBO 407700 | 650 mL bottle

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

I would be really surprised if the Apocalypso is completely gone now? Would the LC only get less than a 1000 bottles? I figured it would at least come to some other locations?

ScienceKiller

Post by ScienceKiller »

DeMarco wrote:I would be really surprised if the Apocalypso is completely gone now? Would the LC only get less than a 1000 bottles? I figured it would at least come to some other locations?
Seems like it has rolled out to a few more stores now.

http://lcbosearch.com/products/413419-apocalypso

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Ukie wrote:
Belgian wrote:LTDD APOCALYPSO, $6.40, 600ml
That happens to me sometimes, I'm not paying attention and grab the "more pulp" product off the shelf.
Umm. Hey it's not bad really, sort of a wheat ale and IPA hybrid, with steely hops and a round flavor profile. I don't think it's past prime although I might only buy the one, enjoyable but hardly a home run. *tick*
In Beerum Veritas

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

ScienceKiller wrote:
DeMarco wrote:I would be really surprised if the Apocalypso is completely gone now? Would the LC only get less than a 1000 bottles? I figured it would at least come to some other locations?

I spoke too soon!

walz22

Post by walz22 »

La Chouffe appears to be showing stock now

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

ScienceKiller wrote:

Anyone in Hamilton looking for this, Upper James has about 48 bottles or so.

Not listed on the LC website though.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Tank 7 was received couple weeks ago and is undergoing testing.

The 3 Stone beers have yet to arrive.

Dennis

Post by Dennis »

walz22 wrote:La Chouffe appears to be showing stock now
I just grabbed some from Summerhill. Wild Beer and Diable are there as well.

mahcinesquad

Post by mahcinesquad »

Ukie wrote:Tank 7 was received couple weeks ago and is undergoing testing.

ARGH! The wait is unbearable.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

mahcinesquad wrote:
Ukie wrote:Tank 7 was received couple weeks ago and is undergoing testing.

ARGH! The wait is unbearable.
As a rule the LCBO takes the most anticipated beers from a release and uses additional lab testing and "warehouse warm aging" to ensure that the product is barely drinkable by the time it hits shelves. Extra attention is given to hoppy beers and anything imported from the States. But on the plus side, Trafalgar's Mead Braggot cleared testing without a hitch and is all yours for $5.50 per 13oz bottle.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott