Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Good beer stores in Vancouver

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Funkyard

Good beer stores in Vancouver

Post by Funkyard »

Anyone know of any beer stores in Vancouver that have a good selection

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

Hi,

Check this sub forum for your needs. Use the search button as it might help you better than a single thread.

Local Beer Guides

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

The government BC Liquor stores are improving in some areas. Still not LCBO level yet, but you might find some good discoveries.

My favourite independent, if you are downtown is Viti at Seymour and Smithe. The owner is pretty hands on as a curator and one staff member actually 'complained' to me about how much 'training' they get. ;-)
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Tapsucker wrote:The government BC Liquor stores are improving in some areas. Still not LCBO level yet, but you might find some good discoveries.

My favourite independent, if you are downtown is Viti at Seymour and Smithe. The owner is pretty hands on as a curator and one staff member actually 'complained' to me about how much 'training' they get. ;-)
The "Signature" BC Liquor stores are quite good. I'd say better than most LCBO's, because they regularly stock things that I would like to drink!

Viti is certainly convenient if you're right downtown, but Brewery Creek & Legacy have a better selection... maybe Firefly as well, but I've heard it's going downhill.

http://beermapping.com/a/12585#lat=unde ... efined&z=3