Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Cask Days 2015

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

DeMarco

Cask Days 2015

Post by DeMarco »

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

5 bucks for the shuttle this year? Rabble rabble rabble!

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Didn't even see that shuttle was extra - meh probably hike down or take the bus from Davisville and Cab it out
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Craig wrote:5 bucks for the shuttle this year? Rabble rabble rabble!
Guess they didn't get a sponsor this year. There are other means of getting there.
lister

nickw

Post by nickw »

Early access tickets for Saturday afternoon sold out already!

(And I missed them :( )

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

weird that session 4 is slightly cheaper than the other ones

ScienceKiller

Post by ScienceKiller »

I have never been to Cask Days before, mostly because I can't deal with the crowds that come with Toronto food/beer festivals. Do they keep tickets limited enough that it won't feel like I spend my entire time there waiting in lines?

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

ScienceKiller wrote:I have never been to Cask Days before, mostly because I can't deal with the crowds that come with Toronto food/beer festivals. Do they keep tickets limited enough that it won't feel like I spend my entire time there waiting in lines?
you rarely wait much longer than a minute or 2. the night sessions get a little packed, but you really don't wait in line for long. the last couple times we've done the sat night session because we have a fairly large group and that's what works for everyone (what the girls want) but i do pine for the old sat afternoon session days.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

They better have improved shuttle service this year if they are charging. The shuttle on the Saturday at the end of the night last year was a shit show. A massive line-up of people waiting to get on a shuttle. I'm sure many that live outside the city missed the last GO Train home.

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

BakaGaijin wrote:
They better have improved shuttle service this year if they are charging. The shuttle on the Saturday at the end of the night last year was a shit show. A massive line-up of people waiting to get on a shuttle. I'm sure many that live outside the city missed the last GO Train home.
We ended up jumping in a cab...There were so many people lined up for the bus.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

ScienceKiller wrote:I have never been to Cask Days before, mostly because I can't deal with the crowds that come with Toronto food/beer festivals. Do they keep tickets limited enough that it won't feel like I spend my entire time there waiting in lines?
Depends how picky you are. I often waste time standing in line to get a specific beer while there is no line for something else.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Anyone hear about featured region for this year?

jrenihan

Post by jrenihan »

Cass wrote:Anyone hear about featured region for this year?
I gather that the aim is to have Oregon featured, though I am not sure if anything is confirmed.
Ren

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

I wonder if Volo getting Jester King has anything to do with Cask Days.
"There's always money in the banana stand."

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

Kish84 wrote:I wonder if Volo getting Jester King has anything to do with Cask Days.
no, they just made the contact going to a festival in the US
Reliable Beer Critic