Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Cask Days 2015

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

jrenihan wrote:
Cass wrote:Anyone hear about featured region for this year?
I gather that the aim is to have Oregon featured, though I am not sure if anything is confirmed.
Ren
from what i hear, it is oregon.
no clue which breweries

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

jeremyg wrote:weird that session 4 is slightly cheaper than the other ones
Probability that the most popular beers will be long gone, I would imagine. Saturday night is the fourth session this year, don't forget.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Unfortunately I'll be at a wedding all weekend, otherwise I'd be all over this. Have fun, fellow BT'ers!
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

midlife crisis wrote:
jeremyg wrote:weird that session 4 is slightly cheaper than the other ones
Probability that the most popular beers will be long gone, I would imagine. Saturday night is the fourth session this year, don't forget.
Every other year they've reserved casks for each session, to ensure everyone gets some.

Keep6 Imports

Post by Keep6 Imports »

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to chime in here to clarify a few things.

We will not be holding back any casks this year except for the feature (which will be announced very soon). The past two years we have released new beers every session and has resulted in us dumping a lot of beer at our expense. Given the nature of cask ale and special occasion permit events our goal is to sell out. We cannot transport casks to another location after the event. If you are concerned about selection, my suggestion is to buy tickets for the earlier sessions to guarantee beers will be available. Sessions #4 and #5 are slightly cheaper as there will likely be less casks available.

Yes we will be charging for shuttle bus service this year. Guests have the option to take alternative methods of transportation (Walking, TTC, Brickworks Shuttle, UBER and cabs). The appropriate amount of buses will be ordered based on the tickets sold.

As always, everyone is more than welcome to e-mail me directly if there are any questions or suggestions, tomas@caskdays.com. Appreciate your continued support and looking forward to another great year!
KEEP6 IMPORTS
Imported Goods

http://keep6imports.com
info@keep6imports.com
@keep6imports on Twitter

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

information that would've been useful before i got my sat even tickets :roll:

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Looks like Cali again this year:

Cask Days ‏@CaskDays 2h2 hours ago
We're sending 20 empty firkins down to our good friend @CaskAleLA in LA, California to be filled for Cask Days 2015! #OnCask

Doesn't mean they won't have casks from Oregon or wherever too, of course.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Actually, I guess even if they're being filled by that organization out of LA, it doesn't mean it's not Oregon beer. They just had a blog post up about an Oregon email:

http://caskalela.com/2015/07/caskalela- ... -roadtrip/

AugustusRex

Post by AugustusRex »

jeremyg wrote:information that would've been useful before i got my sat even tickets :roll:
I have two early access session two (Friday 7pm-12am) tickets for trade. Just got scheduled to work that night. I'll trade for two session 4 tickets.

frozentee

Post by frozentee »

I have 2 Friday night (Session #2) and 2 Sat afternoon early access tickets (Session 3) available for sale if anyone is interested. Sadly, I can no longer attend.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Lots of details released. Brewery feature is Washington, but there are UK, California and New York brewers there too:

http://festival.caskdays.com/breweries
http://festival.caskdays.com/oncask

Most of the beer lists are still "TBA" so not much to look at there. I'm still glad they published though, may as well pass the info along as they get it, right?

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

Washington State - I like Fremont Brewing
Reliable Beer Critic

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

northyorksammy wrote:Washington State - I like Fremont Brewing
I don't see Fremont Brewing on the list. I don't think I know any of those WA breweries tbh.
"There's always money in the banana stand."

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

Looking forward to trying Smog City and Four Winds.

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

frozentee wrote:I have 2 Friday night (Session #2) and 2 Sat afternoon early access tickets (Session 3) available for sale if anyone is interested. Sadly, I can no longer attend.
might be interested in your sat aft tickets, but would need 2 more.

is anyone else trying to sell/trade sat aft tickets?

i have 4 sat evening (regular) tickets i'd like to sell/trade