Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

PeenSteen wrote:Driftwood Fat Tug IPA
Obligatory "This is going to be LCBO warehouse aged for 2 months" comment already out of the way

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Lagunitas Maximus 6-Pk
Central City Red Racer Imperial IPA
Can't wait for the spring release!

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

YUS Lagunitas!

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

cfrancis wrote:YUS Lagunitas!
not the best Lagunitas, but hey, it's a start.
waiting for BCBS to be part of our xmas release. that's when we know that things are changing (and i'm betting it happens within the next 2 years)

skootles

Post by skootles »

Woo-hoo! When they first got Red Racer IPA I was really hoping the IIPA would follow.

-Liam-

Post by -Liam- »

Lagunitas Maximus 6-Pk
Whitewater Class V IPA
De Leite Cuvee Mamzelle
Cheval Blanc Double Blanche
Whippersnapper Brewing Root Of Evil
Shillow Beer Co. Bitter Waitress
Wellington 2015 A Spice Odyssey
Any idea when these will hit the shelves?

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

I will take that bet..
atomeyes wrote:
waiting for BCBS to be part of our xmas release. that's when we know that things are changing (and i'm betting it happens within the next 2 years)

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

atomeyes wrote:
Dreeeeaaammm, dream, dream, dream.

There would be a LOT of US markets that would lose their minds if Goose sent BCBS outside of the country. Lot's of places are selling BCBS by the bottle because so little gets out in response to the demand.

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

atomeyes wrote: waiting for BCBS to be part of our xmas release. that's when we know that things are changing (and i'm betting it happens within the next 2 years)
I'll take the over on that.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

cfrancis wrote:
atomeyes wrote:
Dreeeeaaammm, dream, dream, dream.

There would be a LOT of US markets that would lose their minds if Goose sent BCBS outside of the country. Lot's of places are selling BCBS by the bottle because so little gets out in response to the demand.
If I'm the LCBO the this how the conversation goes with AB Inbev:

LCBO: We want your Bourbon County Brand products.

AB Inbev: Sorry, we can't send it to you.

LCBO: We, one of the largest distributors/retailers of your products in the world, are reducing the shelf space for your products in our retail outlets by 50%.

AB Inbev: How much Bourbon County would you like?

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I honestly don't think the BO knows beer well enough to care about BC beers. It might be one of those strange world class beers we occasionally get it of the blue (FBS, Kuhnhenn 4d, A+T) but I kinda doubt it.

On the other hand, why would GI bother with the Bourbon county release party they did earlier this year if the point wasn't to bring it in for sale at some point in the future? I wouldn't be surprised to see it soon.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

:evil:
Craig wrote:I honestly don't think the BO knows beer well enough to care about BC beers. It might be one of those strange world class beers we occasionally get it of the blue (FBS, Kuhnhenn 4d, A+T) but I kinda doubt it.

On the other hand, why would GI bother with the Bourbon county release party they did earlier this year if the point wasn't to bring it in for sale at some point in the future? I wouldn't be surprised to see it soon.
That was all about creating buzz for the Goose Island brand so they can sell a ton of Canadian brewed IPA and other staple GI brands.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Sure, but I think they could sell a limited number of bottles here for the same reason. AB Inbev must have expanded the BC line for pretty much that reason, no reason why they wouldn't expand it up here too.

AugustusRex

Post by AugustusRex »

Wasn't BCBS and BCBBW on tap somewhere in Toronto this year??

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

AugustusRex wrote:Wasn't BCBS and BCBBW on tap somewhere in Toronto this year??
Yeah, they did a one-off event earlier in the year. The question is if that was a prelude to maybe a seasonal release of some sort, or if it was just a one-off never to be seen again.