Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO 2015 Xmas Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

LCBO 2015 Xmas Release

Post by spinrsx »

not formally announced, but it looks like it will include these:

was hoping to see the st ambroise RIS and vintage ale back again..

AugustusRex

Post by AugustusRex »

spinrsx wrote:not formally announced, but it looks like it will include these:

was hoping to see the st ambroise RIS and vintage ale back again..

Thanks for the post, but looking at that list, I can't help feeling like I've been kicked in the stomach...

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

could be worse I guess. Will be nice to have the bernardus mixed pack back again.

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

meeeehhhhhhhhhh

darmokandjalad

Post by darmokandjalad »

Looks like a copy and paste of the list from last Xmas, with Petrus #9 and an Aventinus variant thrown in.
spinrsx wrote:could be worse I guess. Will be nice to have the bernardus mixed pack back again.
Definitely the main bright spot. The lack of St. Ambroise RIS and Vintage Ale is a huge bummer, though.

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

darmokandjalad wrote:Looks like a copy and paste of the list from last Xmas, with Petrus #9 and an Aventinus variant thrown in.
spinrsx wrote:could be worse I guess. Will be nice to have the bernardus mixed pack back again.
Definitely the main bright spot. The lack of St. Ambroise RIS and Vintage Ale is a huge bummer, though.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't these initial left off the Christmas release last year but still came eventually?

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

Masterplan wrote:
darmokandjalad wrote:Looks like a copy and paste of the list from last Xmas, with Petrus #9 and an Aventinus variant thrown in.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't these initial left off the Christmas release last year but still came eventually?
thought that also happened with Sammiclaus.

but what a shitty list. i still have some 6-packs of st berny from last year. it's a nice thing to have available, but it looks like i'll again be spending my beer $$ in the US of A and not in Ontario

darmokandjalad

Post by darmokandjalad »

Masterplan wrote:
There was an effort to bring those two St. Ambroise products in, but I believe it ultimately failed.

Samichlaus did show up eventually, however. Well after Christmas, I think.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Nothing earth shattering, but, for me, there's still some good fall-back tasty beers that I enjoy each year(even if they are repetitive). I'll probably end up buying Sam smith warmer,both st berny products,St peters,Fullers as per usual. It would be nice to see more new/interesting stuff on there though.....and of course, more products with glassware

Winter is Coming

Post by Winter is Coming »

Looks like the St Bernardus 6-pack price has gone up $1 from last year.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Underwhelming.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Like always, the winter release (stouts and barleywines) is always so much more interesting.

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

I'm guessing there won't be any beer advent calendars this year...

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Lackluster is probably the first word that came to mind.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

Boy the LCBO loves those Historic Beers of Scotland.

I bet a bunch of these repeats sell well due primarily to secret santa shoppers. I know that one or more of these makes an appearance at my wife's work Christmas party every year...