Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Burdock Brewing

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

BakaGaijin

Burdock Brewing

Post by BakaGaijin »

Anyone tried this Toronto brewery?!?

http://www.burdockto.com/brewery/

I wouldn't mind trying their Peach and Apricot Berliner.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

These guys are solid, certainly worth checking out. The west coast pilsner is a standout for me, reminds me of Jacks Abby Hoponius Union/jabby bray hybrid.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

PeenSteen wrote:These guys are solid, certainly worth checking out. The west coast pilsner is a standout for me, reminds me of Jacks Abby Hoponius Union/jabby bray hybrid.
Good to hear. So far, all I have seen from these guys is people checking in their beer in Untappd and the ratings don't seem all that great. If I am in the 'hood, I will stop by and give them a try.

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

Reviews are definitely polarizing. I loved the West Coast Pilsner, but everything else has been average at best. Big tip though, stay away from Bloor Lite, it's atrocious.

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

Napalm Frog wrote:Reviews are definitely polarizing. I loved the West Coast Pilsner, but everything else has been average at best. Big tip though, stay away from Bloor Lite, it's atrocious.
I actually didn't mind it. A hoppy lager, better than the name would suggest. Also not a lite beer.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

For those that don't want to head up to Burdock, the West Coast Pilsner is on at Bar Hop 2.
lister

walz22

Post by walz22 »

Seems like it's definitely worth checking out -> http://bensbeerblog.com/2015/10/03/toro ... real-deal/

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

lister wrote:For those that don't want to head up to Burdock, the West Coast Pilsner is on at Bar Hop 2.
Bar Hop 2 is open? Wow, didn't notice that. That's big news!

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
PeenSteen wrote:These guys are solid, certainly worth checking out. The west coast pilsner is a standout for me, reminds me of Jacks Abby Hoponius Union/jabby bray hybrid.
Good to hear. So far, all I have seen from these guys is people checking in their beer in Untappd and the ratings don't seem all that great. If I am in the 'hood, I will stop by and give them a try.
Yeah, give 'em a go. Beers range from good to quite good, and the food there is outstanding.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

liamt07 wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:
Yeah, give 'em a go. Beers range from good to quite good, and the food there is outstanding.
Thanks Liam.

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

Kudos to Burdock for having an easy to use web-site that tracks the current beer inventory, down to the bottle.

More of this please local brewers!

nickw

Post by nickw »

Coronaeus wrote:Kudos to Burdock for having an easy to use web-site that tracks the current beer inventory, down to the bottle.

More of this please LCBO!
If Manitoba can do it...

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

The Fresh Hop Pale Ale is enjoyable.

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

From Burdock's Instagram yesterday...

"Tonight we are releasing our new IPA! Like a tropical fruit bomb coming in at a hefty 7.7%. Packed with mosaic, cascade and simcoe hops. It's on tap tonight and in the bottle shop by Saturday!"

I don't they've made an IPA yet, but this one sounds like it has potential.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

Coronaeus wrote:The Fresh Hop Pale Ale is enjoyable.
Agreed. However, nothing incredible either. I would just as well drink GLB Canuck then have to go out of my way to get this again.

Looking forward to trying other beers they put out though. I think this brewery has some nice potential.