Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

LINDEMANS CUVEE RENE (GUEUZE)
LCBO 224824 | 355 mL bottle

Price $ 5.95

No stock showing yet.

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

Ceecee wrote:LINDEMANS CUVEE RENE (GUEUZE)
Is this as awful as the Lindemans fruit beers?

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

napoleon wrote:

No, it's great when I tried it a few years ago when we last had it. I was impressed and sours are not exactly my fav type of beer. By the way I don't see any stock for this beer yet.

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

napoleon wrote:
It's awful don't buy it. :lol:

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

I'm down to my last 2 bottles. This is welcome new... I mean yeah, it sucks.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

sprague11 wrote:I'm down to my last 2 bottles. This is welcome new... I mean yeah, it sucks.
Ok, so I take it that it doesn't taste like their kriek or other overly sweet lambics.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

napoleon wrote:
sprague11 wrote:I'm down to my last 2 bottles. This is welcome new... I mean yeah, it sucks.
Ok, so I take it that it doesn't taste like their kriek or other overly sweet lambics.
The Cuvee Rene Kriek is actually good. All the other stuff that is artificially sweetened is pretty terrible.

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

napoleon wrote:
It's a traditional Gueuze. Unsweetened, very tasty, and a great value for the money compared to other gueuze out there.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

new at TBS

Guinness Blonde American Lager
Can 473 ml Price: $2.55

Mythology Canadian Golden Pils
6 × Bottle 355 ml Price: $13.85

Thornbury Blue Mountain Lager
Can 473 ml Price: $2.80

zane9

Post by zane9 »

Blasphomet wrote:ANY SMUTTYNOSE YET????????
Still not showing in TBS inventory :(

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

new

HOPSTA LA VISTA
LCBO 438457 | 473 mL can
Price $ 2.90

and a new format for this:

Wellington Imperial Russian Stout 4 x 341 mL
LCBO 296269

darmokandjalad

Post by darmokandjalad »

spinrsx wrote: Wellington Imperial Russian Stout 4 x 341 mL
LCBO 296269
I hope it is going to remain available in single tallboys. I like their IRS, but at no point have I ever needed/wanted four of them at once, and my refrigerator real estate is limited.

When the LCBO switches from singles to four-packs, I tend to buy the product in question a lot less frequently (see: Duvel and Fuller's products over the last year or two). Just my two cents.

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

darmokandjalad wrote:
LCBO 296269
I hope it is going to remain available in single tallboys. I like their IRS, but at no point have I ever needed/wanted four of them at once, and my refrigerator real estate is limited.

When the LCBO switches from singles to four-packs, I tend to buy the product in question a lot less frequently (see: Duvel and Fuller's products over the last year or two). Just my two cents.
I'm a fan of this move, as I still quite like Wellington's IRS and I thought that putting the Bolshevik Bastard in this format was a great idea.

portwood

Post by portwood »

darmokandjalad wrote:
LCBO 296269

I've been told by KGBO that (most) open multi packs can be sold as singles in most stores. I think it requires the manager to keep the sku for the single active in the system to allow it. Generally speaking, only sealed boxes and plastic blister packs cannot be sold as singles.
@markhamwhisky

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

portwood wrote:
darmokandjalad wrote:
LCBO 296269

I've been told by KGBO that (most) open multi packs can be sold as singles in most stores. I think it requires the manager to keep the sku for the single active in the system to allow it. Generally speaking, only sealed boxes and plastic blister packs cannot be sold as singles.

Note that, although this is correct, be prepared to have an occasional battle with the cashier and even the manager over this issue, at some locations more than others. If this happens I recommend sending an email to LCBO to set that location manager straight.