Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Cask Days 2015

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

AugustusRex

Post by AugustusRex »

Does anybody know which cider at cask days will be more on the sweet side?

Which is the most approachable for non beer/cider people?

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

The Vergers de la Colline Cuivre en Fut would be a good choice, I think. So long as the non-beer people don't mind the barrel influence.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/les-verger ... ne/334061/

jprime

Post by jprime »

Sorry guys. My tickets are spoken for.

nickw

Post by nickw »

@caskdays responded in the affirmative that they'll have a screen set up to watch the Jays in Game 6 tomorrow eve

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

my friend's friend wrote a blog post on the californian offerings.
http://caskalela.com/2015/10/the-califo ... days-2015/

i went from not caring to now really wanting to try a few of these

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

atomeyes wrote:my friend's friend wrote a blog post on the californian offerings.
http://caskalela.com/2015/10/the-califo ... days-2015/

i went from not caring to now really wanting to try a few of these
Good information; thank you.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

nickw wrote:@caskdays responded in the affirmative that they'll have a screen set up to watch the Jays in Game 6 tomorrow eve
Where did they respond? Was this a private message to you? I have had no response and my crew is threatening to bail for potential game 7 Saturday night.

nickw

Post by nickw »

deepeary wrote:
nickw wrote:@caskdays responded in the affirmative that they'll have a screen set up to watch the Jays in Game 6 tomorrow eve
Where did they respond? Was this a private message to you? I have had no response and my crew is threatening to bail for potential game 7 Saturday night.
They responded to someone asking the Q on Twitter:

It's the only response I've seen, but it's something...

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

deepeary wrote:
they've responded at least 3 times on twitter.
the game will be shown friday and saturday

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

In the past I remember more "recommend" type posts. Vaguely remember one even from Volo. Has anyone seen anything like this?

I've got 4 hours and maybe 20 samples in me, want to make sure I get the good ones, lol
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

still have a session 2 ticket+ bus tickets and a session 3 ticket for sale. i'll sell $10 under face value.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:In the past I remember more "recommend" type posts. Vaguely remember one even from Volo. Has anyone seen anything like this?
Bellwoods posted some recommendations on their blog: http://bellwoodsbrewery.com/the-days-of-cask/

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:
I've got 4 hours and maybe 20 samples in me, want to make sure I get the good ones, lol
I hear ya. My buddies and I were recently musing about a resource constraint analysis - I'm not sure if time or my sobriety level will be the scarce resource that runs out first!

skootles

Post by skootles »

A friend of mine is trying to sell his General Admission ticket for Session #4. He's asking $30.

If anyone is interested just PM me and I'll send you his email address.

GreatCop

Post by GreatCop »

Looking for a Session 3 ticket if anyone has one available