Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

skootles

Post by skootles »

spinrsx wrote:I'd rather spend 7.95 on 650ml of dragons milk (which is also coming this winter)
Oooooh, nice. I bought a bottle last year and just cracked it open a few weeks ago. So delicious.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

clock still ticking on the smuttynose IPA at the TBS. Sitting in a warehouse somewhere I guess. Now almost 2 months old.

"We are bottling Finestkind IPA on Wednesday, September 9th, 2015 and shipping out to Ontario on September 14th, 2015."

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

spinrsx wrote:clock still ticking on the smuttynose IPA at the TBS. Sitting in a warehouse somewhere I guess. Now almost 2 months old.

"We are bottling Finestkind IPA on Wednesday, September 9th, 2015 and shipping out to Ontario on September 14th, 2015."
They can charge more now for it because it has been "finely aged"

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

NAC is now saying it has left the warehouse and is on the way to TBS. Who knows..

cfrancis wrote:
spinrsx wrote:clock still ticking on the smuttynose IPA at the TBS. Sitting in a warehouse somewhere I guess. Now almost 2 months old.

They can charge more now for it because it has been "finely aged"

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

"Ahh if it can survive its way to India in casks sloshing about in the heat of a ship's hold, it will still be alright." - said no one ever who drinks west coast IPA.
In Beerum Veritas

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Are we getting the St. Bernardus Christmas Ale again this year? WANT!

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

Blasphomet wrote:Are we getting the St. Bernardus Christmas Ale again this year? WANT!
Yup. Already on shelves.

http://foodanddrink.ca/lcbo-ear/lcbo/pr ... ber=385435

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

PeenSteen wrote: St. Feuillien Triple
Does anyone know if/when the St. Feuillien Tripel is supposed to arrive?

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Blasphomet wrote:Are we getting the St. Bernardus Christmas Ale again this year? WANT!

Yep, lots of it already in at least 3 stores here in Guelph

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

PeenSteen wrote:From what I understand for Black Friday this year last year's BCBS Vanilla Rye will be available for sale at Summerhill only. My understanding is that it will be about 20 cases at 1 bottle per person. Since this information is new to me and not 100% confirmed, I ask that you please don't email/call the lcbo info line for more details saying you heard this is happening. I will post more details as soon as I hear anything.
Is this actually happening? It's almost 2 weeks away from Black Friday.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

jp_jkl wrote:
PeenSteen wrote:From what I understand for Black Friday this year last year's BCBS Vanilla Rye will be available for sale at Summerhill only. My understanding is that it will be about 20 cases at 1 bottle per person. Since this information is new to me and not 100% confirmed, I ask that you please don't email/call the lcbo info line for more details saying you heard this is happening. I will post more details as soon as I hear anything.
Yes.... Bottles will be 37.95 with a 1 per person limit, you need to get a ticket in line to get a bottle, same as westy....roughly 220 or so bottles available. I'm sure someone more qualified than me will announce something soon

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Groovy about the Christmas Ale.

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

PeenSteen wrote:
jp_jkl wrote:
Yes.... Bottles will be 37.95 ....roughly 220 or so bottles available.
Lol.

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

PeenSteen wrote:
jp_jkl wrote:
Yes.... Bottles will be 37.95 with a 1 per person limit, you need to get a ticket in line to get a bottle, same as westy....roughly 220 or so bottles available. I'm sure someone more qualified than me will announce something soon
Thanks for the update. Judging from the below thread on Beer Advocate, BCBS was going for $25 - $45 last year across the US. $28 USD is $37 right now, so technically we are paying on the low end of that scale.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/community/t ... or.233286/

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Blasphomet wrote:
PeenSteen wrote:
jp_jkl wrote:
Yes.... Bottles will be 37.95 ....roughly 220 or so bottles available.
Lol.
Care to elaborate on your well thought out post that clearly contributes meaningfully to this discussion?

Are you implying that the bottle count is low? Or the price is too high? I mean you can always just walk in to any bottle shop and pick one up off the shelf if that suits you better I suppose.