Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

new at TBS...

Rickards IPA
Can 473 ml
Price: $2.50

new at the lcbo

BEAU'S FARM TABLE 80 SHILLING
LCBO 442525 | 600 mL bottle
SEASONAL/LIMITED QUANTITIES
Price $ 4.55

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

This as well...
Whaaat? Beau's releasing beer that isn't just shy of nine bucks? I may have to get this and the 80 shilling.

BEAU'S FARM TABLE GRISETTE
LCBO 442558 | 600 mL bottle
SEASONAL/LIMITED QUANTITIES

Price $ 4.55

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

New

Wellington 30th Anniversary Ale
—LCBO#: 436972 | 750 mL bottle

Wellington 30th Anniversary Ale (8.2% alc./vol.)
This small-batch commemorative ale is a blend of two unique beers specially crafted to mark our 30th anniversary. We took a malt-forward ale brewed with elderberries and aged it for 3 months in Kentucky bourbon barrels. Over time this traditional English style ale develops oak and smoky vanilla notes that complement the rich malt flavours of dark fruit and raisin. We then blended this barrel-aged beer with a dry-hopped imperial golden ale infused with heather tips. This imperial golden ale contributes floral and aromatic hop flavours to create a captivating and unique beer. This beer can be enjoyed fresh or cellared for future enjoyment.

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

Really hope the grisette is good. That Farm Table Helles restored my faith in them a bit. It's quite good.

Grey

Post by Grey »

I picked up a Smuttynose Finest Kind at the King & Spadina LCBO today. $15 for the 6, LCBO #436725, doesn't seem to exist on the web site.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Grey wrote:I picked up a Smuttynose Finest Kind at the King & Spadina LCBO today. $15 for the 6, LCBO #436725, doesn't seem to exist on the web site.
Any dates on the bottles?

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Weird. NAC specifically said this beer was not coming to the lcbo. Only the beer store.

deepeary wrote:
Grey wrote:I picked up a Smuttynose Finest Kind at the King & Spadina LCBO today. $15 for the 6, LCBO #436725, doesn't seem to exist on the web site.
Any dates on the bottles?

zane9

Post by zane9 »

Think I'll post on NAC's FB page, asking WTF. TBS only, we were told.

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

zane9 wrote:
I mentioned this beer at my local Beer Store when returning bottles the other day, and I laughed a bit at the clerk's reply:
That doesn't sound like the kind of beer we'd carry.
'Nuf said.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

NAC says: "It is a beer store brand and is shipping out one depot at a time. It has an Lcbo number as it is also an Lcbo combination/ Beer store brand. This brand shouldn't be available in conventional Lcbo's"
zane9 wrote:

zane9

Post by zane9 »

spinrsx wrote:NAC says: "It is a beer store brand and is shipping out one depot at a time. It has an Lcbo number as it is also an Lcbo combination/ Beer store brand. This brand shouldn't be available in conventional Lcbo's"
The contradictory spin coming from NAC makes me skeptical about anything they have to say. "Conventional Lcbo's" means what?

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

I think it's really funny that some LC stores will put out a product asap and others you'll see they'll have stock of a product for a few days and you'll go in looking for it, only to be told they are too lazy to bring it out because it's tucked in the back.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

King & Spadina not a conventional lcbo I guess? :roll:

Beer'n'gin

Post by Beer'n'gin »

DeMarco wrote:I think it's really funny that some LC stores will put out a product asap and others you'll see they'll have stock of a product for a few days and you'll go in looking for it, only to be told they are too lazy to bring it out because it's tucked in the back.
Tucked in the back for days? It's weeks around these parts. Bungling releases like Smuttynose IPA is becoming the norm.

zane9

Post by zane9 »

Beer'n'gin wrote:Tucked in the back for days? It's weeks around these parts. Bungling releases like Smuttynose IPA is becoming the norm.
Shelving the 12-packs of Molson Canadian is the priority.