Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Nickel Brook Brewing

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Still a few sixers of DDH NN left at the brewery but, sadly, DDH Headstock is all gone.

Apparently the DDH versions were done primarily for export to the US market.....best first impressions and all, with only a small amount of each available at the brewery. Hopefully they make a splash and those versions return regularily (I don't claim to have the slightest inside knowledge about their long term plans or what export means for the recipes, just speculating).

Also, was talking with the guy behind the counter at NB and they're really happy with the way Headstock is coming out at Arts and Sciences now. He aknowledged there were some growing pains learning the new brew house and it took a few batches to dial it in to where they wanted it to be. Hopefully this means more regular spot on Headstock. Very happy to hear.

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

BakaGaijin wrote:
MatttthewGeorge wrote:
rfrf wrote:Is anyone able to mule a couple bottles each of the dry hop offerings to the GTA? Money and thanks waiting!
Isn't Burlington part of the GTA?
Last time I checked it was. :)

There is even a GO Train station not too far from the brewery!

ok ok....

BeboThoughts

Post by BeboThoughts »

Had both of the DDH versions. They are both very good but not leaps and bounds better than regular versions. Given how bad some batches have been recently they stand out more. These should just become the standard brews.

walz22

Post by walz22 »

sofakingdrunk wrote:Anybody know when Bolshevik bastard is returning to lcbo?
According to NB's twitter feed today, it's returning to LCBO's now for the winter. Definitely happy about that given its price point.

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

walz22 wrote:
According to NB's twitter feed today, it's returning to LCBO's now for the winter. Definitely happy about that given its price point.
Is it going to be the same price?? Wasn't last years price a mistake that they couldn't change.
"There's always money in the banana stand."

skootles

Post by skootles »

When does Kentucky Bastard usually come out again?

walz22

Post by walz22 »

Kish84 wrote:
walz22 wrote:
Is it going to be the same price?? Wasn't last years price a mistake that they couldn't change.
Ahh, didn't realize last year's price was a mistake. It looks like it's still the same price on the 'BO website, so we'll see how long that lasts.
skootles wrote:When does Kentucky Bastard usually come out again?
When I was at the brewery about a month ago, they said it would be late November/early December, so I'd imagine it'll be out in the next few weeks.

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

just got a 4 pack of BB at King/Spadina LCBO today.

walz22

Post by walz22 »

rfrf wrote:

Still $9.95?

Winter is Coming

Post by Winter is Coming »

rfrf wrote:

Are you sure it's from the 2015 release? I'm pretty sure the current BB stock is what's left from last fall.

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

Nickel Brook Brewing
Yesterday at 13:27 ·
We know you've waited all summer for this beer... Bolshevik Bastard hits shelves in LCBOs this week! Keep an eye at out your local store!

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

Winter is Coming wrote:
rfrf wrote:

Are you sure it's from the 2015 release? I'm pretty sure the current BB stock is what's left from last fall.
tossed my receipt and not sure about the age. I'll check. Anyway, if it's older, is that a bad thing? Sure it still has some legs.

It was on the shelf without a price tag.. if that means anything. Perhaps moving last years before they put out the new stock.

skootles

Post by skootles »

rfrf wrote:

We're talking about different bastards :wink:

Winter is Coming

Post by Winter is Coming »

According to MomandHops last years Kentucky Bastard released on Nov 28th and Bolshevik Bastard was also sometime in late Nov.

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

skootles wrote:
rfrf wrote:

We're talking about different bastards :wink:
haha woops. but yeah, the BB 4 pack I got today is drinking really well. Velvety.