Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Four Fathers Brewing Co.

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

zane9

Four Fathers Brewing Co.

Post by zane9 »

Kevin Freer has announced that he's leaving Wellington Brewery to become the brewmaster at Four Fathers Brewing Co. This is a start-up, and Kevin says there will be a couple of brands being contract-brewed while the new brewery is built out.

A location has not been finalized, but I think it will be in the Guelph/Fergus/Elora area.

FB page here: https://www.facebook.com/Four-Fathers-B ... 1/?fref=ts

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

zane9 wrote:Kevin Freer has announced that he's leaving Wellington Brewery to become the brewmaster at Four Fathers Brewing Co. This is a start-up, and Kevin says there will be a couple of brands being contract-brewed while the new brewery is built out.

A location has not been finalized, but I think it will be in the Guelph/Fergus/Elora area.

FB page here: https://www.facebook.com/Four-Fathers-B ... 1/?fref=ts
he's a good dude.
best of luck to Kevin

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

More news

http://www.momandhops.ca/four-fathers-b ... on-brewer/

“We will be starting very small and manufacturing/brewing just outside of Rockwood. This location will not be open to the public,” says co-founder Mike Hruden"

zane9

Post by zane9 »

S. St. Jeb wrote:More news

http://www.momandhops.ca/four-fathers-b ... on-brewer/

“We will be starting very small and manufacturing/brewing just outside of Rockwood. This location will not be open to the public,” says co-founder Mike Hruden"
Interesting business plan. Hope the concept of providing only 750ml bottles works for them.

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

zane9 wrote: Interesting business plan. Hope the concept of providing only 750ml bottles works for them.
It seems to be working for Refined Fool in Sarnia, though they have virtually no competition in the area.

zane9

Post by zane9 »

jp_jkl wrote:
zane9 wrote: Interesting business plan. Hope the concept of providing only 750ml bottles works for them.
It seems to be working for Refined Fool in Sarnia, though they have virtually no competition in the area.
When you have no competition in your local area, you have the luxury to experiment. Four Fathers has a ton of competition, but I hope it works for them.

MattS

Post by MattS »

zane9 wrote:
jp_jkl wrote:
When you have no competition in your local area, you have the luxury to experiment. Four Fathers has a ton of competition, but I hope it works for them.
They're also open to the public, and look to be doing draught to a few venues. Four Fathers don't sound to be doing either of these, which is just odd!

kfbass

Post by kfbass »

Sup everyone. This is Kevin Freer. First off who the hell are all you folks that know me ha-ha.

We most certainly will be providing pubs and bars with both bottles and draught, as well as a possible home delivery/beer club type setup we are working through the legalities of.

The stuff coming out in 750ml bottles will generally be a little stronger or experimental. I like Belgian styles so there will probably be quite a bit of that.

This is all in the meantime while we build a brewery of our own. Location isn't set yet, but the rockwood or Fergus area looks promising. We are well funded so I doubt it'll take any longer than it has too.

Going to be a crazy next few years of my life! Thanks for the interest though! First two (legal) brews are in the fermentors right now!

Hit me up on Facebook or Twitter @kfbass if you want. Check the four fathers pages as well @4fathersbrewing

Cheers

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

If you make it Fergus I promise to go the 4 or so times a year I go to my in-laws cottage.