New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing current and upcoming LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Store releases and policies.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

User avatar
jp_jkl
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:13 pm
Location: Toronto, ON

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby jp_jkl » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:48 pm

People have been asking on Twitter and it seems like it still hasn't shown up in the LCBO. It's being aged at room temperature as per all IPAs to pass through the LCBO.

Joking aside, it's been available in the bottle shop for the last few weeks. I often buy directly from GLB. Everything in the fridge is always super fresh and I like knowing it goes right from the canning line to the fridge.
Masterplan
Posts: 479
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:00 am

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby Masterplan » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:33 pm

jp_jkl wrote:People have been asking on Twitter and it seems like it still hasn't shown up in the LCBO. It's being aged at room temperature as per all IPAs to pass through the LCBO.

Joking aside, it's been available in the bottle shop for the last few weeks. I often buy directly from GLB. Everything in the fridge is always super fresh and I like knowing it goes right from the canning line to the fridge.


That's great, if one lives in Toronto...

Would switching to cans from bombers trigger a re-lab testing by the LCBO?
sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly
Posts: 759
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:55 am
Location: Guelph

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby sofakingdrunk » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:52 pm

spinrsx wrote:!^&$#@!^%$^#)(!#

STONE BASTARD BOX
USA | Koochenvagner'S Brewing Co. Db
LCBO 442335 | 4x650 mL | $ 34.75



Anyone have an idea of the amount in of these coming in. Will it actually make it further than 7 or 8 stores in Toronto?
User avatar
spinrsx
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2258
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby spinrsx » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:17 pm

It's in the ottawa warehouse, so I assume there's lots for the province

sofakingdrunk wrote:
spinrsx wrote:!^&$#@!^%$^#)(!#

STONE BASTARD BOX
USA | Koochenvagner'S Brewing Co. Db
LCBO 442335 | 4x650 mL | $ 34.75



Anyone have an idea of the amount in of these coming in. Will it actually make it further than 7 or 8 stores in Toronto?
User avatar
admviolin
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:35 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby admviolin » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:21 am

Masterplan wrote:
jp_jkl wrote:People have been asking on Twitter and it seems like it still hasn't shown up in the LCBO. It's being aged at room temperature as per all IPAs to pass through the LCBO.

Joking aside, it's been available in the bottle shop for the last few weeks. I often buy directly from GLB. Everything in the fridge is always super fresh and I like knowing it goes right from the canning line to the fridge.


That's great, if one lives in Toronto...

Would switching to cans from bombers trigger a re-lab testing by the LCBO?


Yes format changes require retesting. :roll:
Masterplan
Posts: 479
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:00 am

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby Masterplan » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:44 pm

admviolin wrote:
Masterplan wrote:
jp_jkl wrote:People have been asking on Twitter and it seems like it still hasn't shown up in the LCBO. It's being aged at room temperature as per all IPAs to pass through the LCBO.

Joking aside, it's been available in the bottle shop for the last few weeks. I often buy directly from GLB. Everything in the fridge is always super fresh and I like knowing it goes right from the canning line to the fridge.


That's great, if one lives in Toronto...

Would switching to cans from bombers trigger a re-lab testing by the LCBO?


Yes format changes require retesting. :roll:


GLB tweeted that they were told Lake Effect will be available tomorrow...
biegaman
Bar Fly
Posts: 574
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:22 pm
Location: West Hill

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby biegaman » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:50 pm

sofakingdrunk wrote:
spinrsx wrote:!^&$#@!^%$^#)(!#

STONE BASTARD BOX
USA | Koochenvagner'S Brewing Co. Db
LCBO 442335 | 4x650 mL | $ 34.75



Anyone have an idea of the amount in of these coming in. Will it actually make it further than 7 or 8 stores in Toronto?


500 packages were ordered and will be distributed to 53 stores, chosen by the LCBO. We have pleaded with them to allow other stores to order it but nope.
250 cases each of the Smoked Porter (650ml) and Coffee Milk Stout (6 pack 330ml) should hit the shelves soon too. All of these Stone products have been in the lab since being received in early October.
User avatar
spinrsx
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2258
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby spinrsx » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:26 pm

Is the coffee milk stout not available in bombers? (Since the lcbo seems to love stone bombers..)


biegaman wrote:
sofakingdrunk wrote:
spinrsx wrote:!^&$#@!^%$^#)(!#

STONE BASTARD BOX
USA | Koochenvagner'S Brewing Co. Db
LCBO 442335 | 4x650 mL | $ 34.75



Anyone have an idea of the amount in of these coming in. Will it actually make it further than 7 or 8 stores in Toronto?


500 packages were ordered and will be distributed to 53 stores, chosen by the LCBO. We have pleaded with them to allow other stores to order it but nope.
250 cases each of the Smoked Porter (650ml) and Coffee Milk Stout (6 pack 330ml) should hit the shelves soon too. All of these Stone products have been in the lab since being received in early October.
Masterplan
Posts: 479
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:00 am

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby Masterplan » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:03 am

Lake Effect cans now listed under #445577, no stock showing...
User avatar
spinrsx
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2258
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby spinrsx » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:34 pm

Collective Arts Stranger Than Fiction, Porter
—LCBO#: 442319 | 473 mL can

They are canning now?
TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2584
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:40 pm
Location: Mississauga
Contact:

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby TheSevenDuffs » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:37 pm

spinrsx wrote:Collective Arts Stranger Than Fiction, Porter
—LCBO#: 442319 | 473 mL can

They are canning now?

They've been caning for a little while now.
SKiB
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 11:31 am

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby SKiB » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:31 pm

Masterplan wrote:Lake Effect cans now listed under #445577, no stock showing...


FYI I picked up a few cans yesterday at the Gammage St. store here in London... apparently they received them over a week ago but were unable to get them out onto the floor until a product listing was created which was apparently done yesterday... I imagine there are many other stores out there with it now in stock...
User avatar
Belgian
Bar Towel Legend
Posts: 9864
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: Earth

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby Belgian » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:13 am

biegaman wrote:500 packages were ordered and will be distributed to 53 stores, chosen by the LCBO. We have pleaded with them to allow other stores to order it but nope.

Big Brother knows best! :)

I'm looking forward to the Smoked Porter and Coffee Milk Stout even more. Stone's densely flavored Imperial stouts (including Anniversary) are among my favorites, and this little stout will be an excellent quaffer.

Thanks guy.
In Beerum Veritas
User avatar
cratez
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2240
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:29 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby cratez » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:45 am

Belgian wrote: I'm looking forward to the...Coffee Milk Stout even more. Stone's densely flavored Imperial stouts (including Anniversary) are among my favorites, and this little stout will be an excellent quaffer.

Don't expect much from the Coffee Milk Stout; it's decent but nothing spectacular. The Smoked Porter, on the other hand, is an excellent beer.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott
User avatar
spinrsx
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2258
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby spinrsx » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:16 pm


Return to “LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Stores”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest