Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

Haven't seen cans yet in kingston...

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

Coronaeus wrote:Bastard box showing stock on drinkvine. There were about 15 boxes left at Summerhill at around noon, as far as I could tell
There were 12 at Laird. by the time i was cashing out at 1 pm, they were all gone.

Best before date is Jan 6 2016. LOL at the LCBO.

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

atomeyes wrote:
Coronaeus wrote:Bastard box showing stock on drinkvine. There were about 15 boxes left at Summerhill at around noon, as far as I could tell
There were 12 at Laird. by the time i was cashing out at 1 pm, they were all gone.

Ya. The cashier actually pointed to that and asked me if I still wanted it which i thought was nice. The bottles themselves all have different dates on them.

Jay-Brew

Post by Jay-Brew »

Coronaeus wrote:
atomeyes wrote:

Ya. The cashier actually pointed to that and asked me if I still wanted it which i thought was nice. The bottles themselves all have different dates on them.
Does anyone know the actual dates on the 4 bottles?

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

Jay-Brew wrote: Does anyone know the actual dates on the 4 bottles?
Arrogant Bastard / Bottled 10.08.15 / Enjoy by 01.06.16
Double Bastard / Bottled 09.09.15 / no enjoy by date
Depth Charged / Bottled 10.01.15 / no enjoy by date
Oaked Bastard / Bottled 10.09.15 / Enjoy by 01.07.16

I bought a box today at Summerhill... there seemed to be a dozen or so left around 2pm. I would imagine this location would have the highest stock though. Normally I wouldn't buy 4 bombers of short dated beer, but I figured I would be sharing these over the holidays.

I follow a few Michigan liquor stores on Instagram as I'm in the Detroit area a few times a year. These have been on Michigan shelves since mid-October.
Last edited by jp_jkl on Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Why are the Enjoy By dates before the Bottled On dates?

^ Edit * Adam's post says 2016.
So no, the LCBO hasn't invented a time machine to stale-date beer before it's made.
In Beerum Veritas

Jay-Brew

Post by Jay-Brew »

So I take it only the regular Arrogant Bastard is the one with the short shelf life and the others have some time. Think the two without dates can be cellared for a while (at least that's my impression??).

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

Jay-Brew wrote:So I take it only the regular Arrogant Bastard is the one with the short shelf life and the others have some time. Think the two without dates can be cellared for a while (at least that's my impression??).
Sorry my post had some typos. Oaked and regular Arrogant Bastard are enjoy by Jan 6, 2016... the other two have no 'enjoy by' dates.

AugustusRex

Post by AugustusRex »

jp_jkl wrote:
Jay-Brew wrote:So I take it only the regular Arrogant Bastard is the one with the short shelf life and the others have some time. Think the two without dates can be cellared for a while (at least that's my impression??).
Sorry my post had some typos. Oaked and regular Arrogant Bastard are enjoy by Jan 6, 2016... the other two have no 'enjoy by' dates.
What's the shell life on Arrogant Bastard, isn't it 90 days? So they're only 2 months old, unless the LCBO destined batches have extended expiration dates.

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

AugustusRex wrote:
jp_jkl wrote:
What's the shell life on Arrogant Bastard, isn't it 90 days? So they're only 2 months old, unless the LCBO destined batches have extended expiration dates.
Oaked is Jan 7, 2016 sorry... they were bottled a day apart. 90 days is Arrogant Bastard's shelf life, along with a number of other Stone beers.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

new

VELOCIPEDE IPA
Canada | Bicycle Craft Brewery Inc.
LCBO 441139 | 473 mL | $ 3.00

WATERLOO SPICED DUNKEL
Canada | The Brick Brewing Co.
LCBO 442541 | 473 mL | $ 2.75

ScienceKiller

Post by ScienceKiller »

Be careful when buying the Stone box, at least at Dundas and Dovercourt. It scans in as 3 whole boxes, so they need to manually enter in. I was shocked at first as I wasn't paying attention and was charged $130 for the box and some tallcans. It's quite obvious something was wrong, but if you aren't paying attention you might not notice.

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

ScienceKiller wrote:Be careful when buying the Stone box, at least at Dundas and Dovercourt. It scans in as 3 whole boxes, so they need to manually enter in. I was shocked at first as I wasn't paying attention and was charged $130 for the box and some tallcans. It's quite obvious something was wrong, but if you aren't paying attention you might not notice.
Yeah, the barcode on the box is bad.

BigBob

Post by BigBob »

rfrf wrote:
ScienceKiller wrote:Be careful when buying the Stone box, at least at Dundas and Dovercourt. It scans in as 3 whole boxes, so they need to manually enter in. I was shocked at first as I wasn't paying attention and was charged $130 for the box and some tallcans. It's quite obvious something was wrong, but if you aren't paying attention you might not notice.
Yeah, the barcode on the box is bad.
My son got around this by providing the LCBO product code. He had no reason to believe that anyone would have got it right without this. It is 442335.

nickw

Post by nickw »

The King-Spadina LCBO rang it in as 3x as well, but the cashiers all had notes stuck to the registers with the real one.

So strange, but it's the LCBO so...