Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Spring Craft Beer Release 2016

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

LCBO Spring Craft Beer Release 2016

Post by spinrsx »

Here is the list

Last edited by spinrsx on Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I know that the first three pages of posts after the details are announced are going to be people complaining how underwhelming it is. :P

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Orval
Christoffel Blonde
Les Trois Mousquetaires S.S. Maibock
Samuel Adams Noble Pils
Gouden Carolus Hopsinjoor

^ this ^ list of former spring release beers would be ok with me

darmokandjalad

Post by darmokandjalad »

Craig wrote:I know that the first three pages of posts after the details are announced are going to be people complaining how underwhelming it is. :P
"I sure do love me some LCBO warehouse-cellared IPAs from California"
"Oh great, that Belgian import that I look forward to every year costs 2x as much now because of the terrible exchange rate"
"Oh boy, yet another 12 dollar Lake of Bays/Beau's bomber that I can look forward to not buying"

etc.
Just getting it out of my system ahead of time.

Also: you know that one import on the list that everyone is excited about? It won't be here until late August.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

I would assume it includes at least some of these previously announced beers:

Lagunitas Maximus 6-Pk
De Leite Cuvee Mamzelle
Cheval Blanc Double Blanche
Central City Red Racer Imperial IPA
Brasserie Les 2 Frères-Hickson IPA

and I'll bet the Fat Tug IPA that is at the lcbo now is part of it too

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

darmokandjalad wrote:
Craig wrote:I know that the first three pages of posts after the details are announced are going to be people complaining how underwhelming it is. :P
"I sure do love me some LCBO warehouse-cellared IPAs from California"
"Oh great, that Belgian import that I look forward to every year costs 2x as much now because of the terrible exchange rate"
"Oh boy, yet another 12 dollar Lake of Bays/Beau's bomber that I can look forward to not buying"

etc.
Just getting it out of my system ahead of time.

Also: you know that one import on the list that everyone is excited about? It won't be here until late August.
That reminds me, where the heck is the Lindemans Cuvee Rene?

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

I dont think the cuvee rene was ever coming back. It reappeared in the lcbo database because someone returned 2 bottles a few months ago.

But I could be wrong.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

darmokandjalad wrote: "Oh boy, yet another 12 dollar Lake of Bays/Beau's bomber that I can look forward to not buying"
Somebody had to! :)
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

I recall reading a while ago in the "Coming Soon to the LCBO" thread that St. Feuillien Tripel was supposed to be coming. Any idea on whether or not it will be included in the spring release? As recently as a couple years ago, there was a pretty good rotation of Belgian tripels making its way through the L (Affligem, Karmeliet, Gouden Carolus etc.) but not so much any more.

Russell v R

Post by Russell v R »

I believe St Feuillien Tripel came and went? There are a few good ones the shelves currently: Chimay White, Westmalle, La Trappe....

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

Russell v R wrote:I believe St Feuillien Tripel came and went? There are a few good ones the shelves currently: Chimay White, Westmalle, La Trappe....
I've seen a few different offerings from St Feuillien at the LCBO but the tripel hasn't been one. I've seen the Saison and I believe a blond maybe. I acquired a bottle of tripel from the US a few years and nothing from St Feuillien at the LCBO has looked similar, that is unless the Canadian shipments are in different bottle shapes or designs.
You know what I have in my cellar? Dust, I have dust in my cellar.

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

Russell v R wrote:I believe St Feuillien Tripel came and went? There are a few good ones the shelves currently: Chimay White, Westmalle, La Trappe....
You may be thinking of the St. Feuillien Grand Cru, which is tripel-esque in style and was at the L last year as part of one of the seasonal releases - I am glad I grabbed a few of those when I did. The Westmalle stock is waning, though I did pick up a few of those as well. La Trappe was a regular listing for a while and was discontinued. Chimay Wit is probably the only tripel with a regular listing (at least for now...)

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

La Trappe is still a regular listing. they changed bottle designs so they listed it under a new product number.
Provost Drunk wrote:
You may be thinking of the St. Feuillien Grand Cru, which is tripel-esque in style and was at the L last year as part of one of the seasonal releases - I am glad I grabbed a few of those when I did. The Westmalle stock is waning, though I did pick up a few of those as well. La Trappe was a regular listing for a while and was discontinued. Chimay Wit is probably the only tripel with a regular listing (at least for now...)

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

sprague11 wrote:
darmokandjalad wrote: "Oh boy, yet another 12 dollar Lake of Bays/Beau's bomber that I can look forward to not buying"
Somebody had to! :)
But the Nickel Brook Kentucky Bastard 750mls are just about worth it. Because that's one (100ml) more, isn't it! Goes up to eleven… and just a very nice beer, all Goosy-ness aside.
In Beerum Veritas

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

spinrsx wrote:La Trappe is still a regular listing. they changed bottle designs so they listed it under a new product number.
Thanks! The 750 mL is an unfortunate format size, but this is still a beer I'll pick up from time to time, especially given my mini-rant about diminishing access to tripels.