New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing current and upcoming LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Store releases and policies.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly
Posts: 722
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:55 am
Location: Guelph

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby sofakingdrunk » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:38 pm

spinrsx wrote:new at the lcbo :oops:

Raspberry Mint Pale Ale
448951
3.95

also this is in 6 pack format at the lcbo now

Collective Arts Ransack The Universe 6x355ml
449504
13.95



Who would actually thinks this would be a good flavour for beer
User avatar
Kish84
Bar Fly
Posts: 602
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:41 pm
Location: Kitchener

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby Kish84 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:21 pm

sofakingdrunk wrote:
spinrsx wrote:new at the lcbo :oops:

Raspberry Mint Pale Ale
448951
3.95

also this is in 6 pack format at the lcbo now

Collective Arts Ransack The Universe 6x355ml
449504
13.95



Who would actually thinks this would be a good flavour for beer

Apparently Trafalgar.
"There's always money in the banana stand."
User avatar
Napalm Frog
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 9:01 am
Location: Toronto

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby Napalm Frog » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:15 pm

Shame, would make a great cider flavour. Reviews online for this are pretty crappy.
User avatar
Russell v R
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:32 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby Russell v R » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:39 pm

Picked up Ransack at the Spadina/Bloor Beer Store, bottled 1 Oct. Shammmmeee
MattS
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 8:59 am
Location: Meaford

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby MattS » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:48 pm

spinrsx wrote:
also this is in 6 pack format at the lcbo now

Collective Arts Ransack The Universe 6x355ml
449504
13.95


I thought I'd read that this was going to be cans at LCBO. Shame if it isn't.
Masterplan
Posts: 478
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:00 am

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby Masterplan » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:36 pm

Picked up the stone milk stout, bottled 10/24/15.
User avatar
spinrsx
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2250
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby spinrsx » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:38 am

It's at the lcbo in both formats
MattS wrote:
spinrsx wrote:
also this is in 6 pack format at the lcbo now

Collective Arts Ransack The Universe 6x355ml
449504
13.95


I thought I'd read that this was going to be cans at LCBO. Shame if it isn't.
beerstodiscover
Bar Fly
Posts: 517
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:16 pm
Contact:

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby beerstodiscover » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:04 am

Russell v R wrote:Picked up Ransack at the Spadina/Bloor Beer Store, bottled 1 Oct. Shammmmeee


I got a six pack of the same batch from the TBS. Very disappointed that the fist batch hit the shelves three months old. But I thought is was pretty good. Balanced and tropical. I'll have to try it fresh some time.
User avatar
spinrsx
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2250
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby spinrsx » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:05 pm

New:

Benediktiner Original Helles Lager
LCBO#: 433557 | 500 mL can
$2.20
seangm
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:44 pm

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby seangm » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:29 pm

deepeary wrote:
Russell v R wrote:Picked up Ransack at the Spadina/Bloor Beer Store, bottled 1 Oct. Shammmmeee


I got a six pack of the same batch from the TBS. Very disappointed that the fist batch hit the shelves three months old. But I thought is was pretty good. Balanced and tropical. I'll have to try it fresh some time.


I picked up a six pack from the Laird Drive Beer Store in Leaside, bottling date 5 January 2016. If you're looking for fresh stock, that's the place to go. Very tasty stuff.
User avatar
Blasphomet
Posts: 446
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:07 am

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby Blasphomet » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:45 pm

Is the Ransack only available in 6 packs at TBS? I only see 473ml cans on drinkvine right now, and only in one location.
Ukie
Bar Fly
Posts: 730
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:56 pm
Location: Hamilton

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby Ukie » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:34 pm

Blasphomet wrote:Is the Ransack only available in 6 packs at TBS? I only see 473ml cans on drinkvine right now, and only in one location.


According to TBS site, if you want a 24 I usually print the page and ask for the 24 price rather than 4 sixers, only got an argument once.



The table below shows all Ransack The Universe IPA pack sizes carried at this location.

Inventory is updated daily at 3 AM. Please contact the store to confirm product availability as inventory levels may fluctuate during the day.



# Available in stock


6 × Bottle 355 ml $13.95 12
12 × Bottle 355 ml $26.95 0
24 × Bottle 355 ml $48.95 0


If available package size shows “0” please ask staff for different package options.
Example: purchase 2 x 6 packs for a 12 pack price*

*Note: Any savings applies to the purchase of pack sizes of the same brand currently available for sale.
MattS
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 8:59 am
Location: Meaford

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby MattS » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:04 pm

Blasphomet wrote:Is the Ransack only available in 6 packs at TBS? I only see 473ml cans on drinkvine right now, and only in one location.


My understanding is 330ml bottles at TBS, bottles and 473ml cans at LCBO.
User avatar
Russell v R
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:32 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby Russell v R » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:54 am

spinrsx wrote:noticed this is showing stock again.. 10 6-packs at a toronto lcbo

SMUTTYNOSE ROBUST PORTER
LCBO 399576 | 6x355 mL bottle
Price: $ 16.00


This is rolling out terribly slowly
beerstodiscover
Bar Fly
Posts: 517
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:16 pm
Contact:

Re: New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

Postby beerstodiscover » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:25 pm

seangm wrote:
deepeary wrote:
Russell v R wrote:Picked up Ransack at the Spadina/Bloor Beer Store, bottled 1 Oct. Shammmmeee


I got a six pack of the same batch from the TBS. Very disappointed that the fist batch hit the shelves three months old. But I thought is was pretty good. Balanced and tropical. I'll have to try it fresh some time.


I picked up a six pack from the Laird Drive Beer Store in Leaside, bottling date 5 January 2016. If you're looking for fresh stock, that's the place to go. Very tasty stuff.


Found fresh Ransack at the Finch/Islington store for anyone interested.

To my palate, I'd say the Jan 5. batch has more hop bite (bitterness) and less sweetness than the Oct 1. bottles. Both were very good. It's nice to know it holds up after a few months on the shelf.

Return to “LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Stores”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest