Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Nickel Brook Brewing

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

^^^^
$16 ain't cheap that is fo sho, but, it is something like 12% cheaper per ml than most Bellwood's special releases.

Winter is Coming

Post by Winter is Coming »

BakaGaijin wrote:^^^^
$16 ain't cheap that is fo sho, but, it is something like 12% cheaper per ml than most Bellwood's special releases.
That is true, Nickel Brook does offer better price/volume ratios than other breweries including Bellwoods for special release beers.

I still think the 4 packs of Bolshevik Bastard are the best deal in Ontario for great beer.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

ckoop wrote: now if only they would pump out malevolent and immodest on a more regular basis
Took this quote from another topic. I find these two beer absolutely incredible. Part of me would love to have them available more often....and part of me is scared of that happening. :)

Winter is Coming

S. St. Jeb wrote:
ckoop wrote: now if only they would pump out malevolent and immodest on a more regular basis
Took this quote from another topic. I find these two beer absolutely incredible. Part of me would love to have them available more often....and part of me is scared of that happening. :)
I was at the brewery today hoping to pick up either of those beers, I was told they will release in early March. On the upside I had the opportunity to try their excellent root beer for the first time.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Nickel Brook's Lab Series 2, Brett Farmhouse is out at the brewery now.

walz22

Post by walz22 »

Any idea on the price per bottle?

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Winter is Coming wrote:
S. St. Jeb wrote:
I was at the brewery today hoping to pick up either of those beers, I was told they will release in early March. On the upside I had the opportunity to try their excellent root beer for the first time.
Best root beer out there. I've had somewhere between 300-400 root beers and it's #1. Phillips Intergalactic in BC is damn good too.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

walz22 wrote:Any idea on the price per bottle?
After tax, a tad under $10 for a 750.

darmokandjalad

Post by darmokandjalad »

skootles wrote:Anyone have an idea when/if Winey Bastard is coming out?
They just posted about this today. Winey is now in stock at a lot of Toronto-area LCBOs (and a handful in the Ottawa region). $15/per bottle.

skootles

Post by skootles »

Yeah I saw that and just got back from the LCBO with a couple bottles.

Now I've got a 2013, 2014, and 2015 to enjoy back to back.

walz22

Post by walz22 »

Immodest was released today at the brewery. I'm assuming we'll see it in the LCBO very shortly.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that immodest was going to be 5$ for a tAllboy at lcbo. Seems high to me, but just throwing it out to those who have had it( I havnt). Would it be worth $5?

MattS

Post by MattS »

sofakingdrunk wrote:I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that immodest was going to be 5$ for a tAllboy at lcbo. Seems high to me, but just throwing it out to those who have had it( I havnt). Would it be worth $5?
Absolutely. Comparing that to their Winey Bastard at $14.95 for 750ml, $5 for 473ml of (in my opinion) a far better beer is an absolute bargain.

Think of it this way, if you saw a double IPA in a 650ml bomber for $8, would you think it expensive? I'd guess not. This is cheaper.

Winter is Coming

Can't wait to try Immodest for the first time, $5 sounds like a steal considering I just paid $9 for Robohop. Also Nickel Brook's Maple Porter is now in tallboys at the LCBO for $3/can.

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

sofakingdrunk wrote:I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that immodest was going to be 5$ for a tAllboy at lcbo. Seems high to me, but just throwing it out to those who have had it( I havnt). Would it be worth $5?

Or compare it to Bellwoods 6.50 iipa 500ml bottles. Nicklebrook and Great Lakes are pricing their cans well.

Regardless of price, previous versions of immodest have been outstanding.