Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

DeMarco wrote:
CoolB wrote:Haven't heard about this one until I stumbled across it on the lcbo site. Looks like it's not in distribution quite yet.

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/rogue- ... usgDnrHa9U

I believe this came and went last year.
I remember seeing it on room temperature LCBO shelves last year with no bottling date info. It's hard to justify buying unless you're a big fan of the brand.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

jp_jkl wrote:
DeMarco wrote:
CoolB wrote:Haven't heard about this one until I stumbled across it on the lcbo site. Looks like it's not in distribution quite yet.

I remember seeing it on room temperature LCBO shelves last year with no bottling date info. It's hard to justify buying unless you're a big fan of the brand.
I recall trying it last year and it was quite good, better than Brutal in my opinion. Their best IPA, and probably my favourite Rogue product the LCBO has brought up is Yellow Snow, but sadly it hasn't been back for a few years. I've found the more recent Rogue releases to be pretty hit or miss, and don't get me started on the endless wave of those bizarre dessert flavoured beers. One was enough.

skootles

Post by skootles »

jp_jkl wrote:
DeMarco wrote:

Checking my untappd, I bought/drank it sometime around April 17th 2015 and it had a production date of Dec 23, 2014. Didn't give it a very good rating.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Nicklebrook immodest listed now.. $5 per can...

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

ry_kinney wrote:
CoolB wrote:
spinrsx wrote:new

Beau's Fous Allies Mango Saison 600ml
Had this and Beau's Patio Saison a few months ago and gotta say I wasn't a fan of the Mango Saison. The Patio Saison was fantastic however.
Agreed. Won't be paying 8 bucks for this but would gladly dish it out for Patio. Matt's Sleepytime Stout was great as well, would love to see it get an individual release.
I liked the Tom Green Milk Stout too
You know what I have in my cellar? Dust, I have dust in my cellar.

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

I recall trying it last year and it was quite good, better than Brutal in my opinion. Their best IPA, and probably my favourite Rogue product the LCBO has brought up is Yellow Snow, but sadly it hasn't been back for a few years. I've found the more recent Rogue releases to be pretty hit or miss, and don't get me started on the endless wave of those bizarre dessert flavoured beers. One was enough.

You're making me think that maybe I did try this last year. Now it's ringing a bell but I don't remember it. If I see it I'll probably give it (another?) shot.
You know what I have in my cellar? Dust, I have dust in my cellar.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

CoolB wrote:

You're making me think that maybe I did try this last year. Now it's ringing a bell but I don't remember it. If I see it I'll probably give it (another?) shot.
Checked my notes and it had a lot going on from a hop perspective (what with 7 different kinds), pretty juicy with a good malt backbone. It was approaching IIPA territory. I checked the LCBO website though and couldn't find any stock though, so beware as this might be a straggler from last year. I couldn't find any bottling dates or info when I had it either.

Edit: Never mind that last part, reading comprehension... I just noticed you said saw it on the website, not in stores. I guess it's coming back.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

cratez wrote:
Belgian wrote:By the way BeerBistro has a gluten-reduced Stone beer - the Delicious IPA! They brew a real beer and remove the gluten acterwardsm you basically can't tell.
Thanks for the heads up. What was your verdict on the Delicious IPA?
It had lots of lemony hop resonance on tap. As I said, the beer lacked nothing tangibly.
In Beerum Veritas

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Belgian wrote: It had lots of lemony hop resonance on tap. As I said, the beer lacked nothing tangibly.
Tried this on tap Friday and I agree completely. Big lemony hop character with a lean malt profile and resiny-bitter finish; delicious and moreish despite the 7.7% ABV. Would not know this beer is gluten free/gluten reduced were it not for the brewery marketing it that way. Great quaff.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Do we know if the ransack ipa is a regular listing?

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

new to the lcbo (already at TBS)

John R Molson 1908
LCBO# 461061
$3.95

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

Immodest is showing stock at some LCBOs, mostly in Toronto. I just grabbed six at the King & Spadina location. Canned March 17.

$5 is a great price for a DIPA in a tall can. That's what Great Lakes was charging for Robohop and Life Sentence at their bottle shop. I don't mind the price anyway.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Not sure about a 'great' price.. but I can believe it is a fair price..

Great price would be $1.95 :)
jp_jkl wrote:Immodest is showing stock at some LCBOs, mostly in Toronto. I just grabbed six at the King & Spadina location. Canned March 17.

$5 is a great price for a DIPA in a tall can. That's what Great Lakes was charging for Robohop and Life Sentence at their bottle shop. I don't mind the price anyway.

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

Cuvee Rene and Red Racer IIPA on the shelves at Queen's Quay

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

spinrsx wrote:Not sure about a 'great' price.. but I can believe it is a fair price..

Great price would be $1.95 :)
jp_jkl wrote:Immodest is showing stock at some LCBOs, mostly in Toronto. I just grabbed six at the King & Spadina location. Canned March 17.

Ah, I remember when Sinha was around that price point. In the last few years, it's gone up by over 30%!